8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, i recently installed a hasport rear mount on my fg2 07 si and when i went for a test drive car was pulling to the right. You have to apply pressure to the wheel to go straight and if you let go it starts to pull right.

Car was tracking straight before. I did alignment and everything, and still pulls right. All my suspension is good. I switched around wheels front, back and cross and still pulls right.

Any inputs on why this happening? I'm on coilovers too btw.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hello everyone, i recently installed a hasport rear mount on my fg2 07 si and when i went for a test drive car was pulling to the right. You have to apply pressure to the wheel to go straight and if you let go it starts to pull right.

Car was tracking straight before. I did alignment and everything, and still pulls right. All my suspension is good. I switched around wheels front, back and cross and still pulls right.

Any inputs on why this happening? I'm on coilovers too btw.
Juat curious, does it only happen when you accelerate, or when you're coasting too..

·
Registered
86 Posts
I recently installed Innovative 75a and my whole damn engine shifted about 1 inch to the drivers side. Car definitely wants to pull right now when I floor it, not while regular driving tho. OEM suspension now, installing coilovers tomorrow, hopefully can balance it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I recently installed Innovative 75a and my whole damn engine shifted about 1 inch to the drivers side. Car definitely wants to pull right now when I floor it, not while regular driving tho. OEM suspension now, installing coilovers tomorrow, hopefully can balance it out.
Wow! So there is a case for engine shifting to one side after mount install!. I think honesty the best thing to do and what i should've done is to order the whole mount kit and torque everything down while making sure engine is sitting even.
I will update you guys when i install my transmission mount side to see if i solve the issue.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wow! So there is a case for engine shifting to one side after mount install!.
To be clear I did the whole kit, I doubt you'd see a TON of movement from one mount alone.

If you now have stiffness in the bottom mount, but the passenger mount is gone... It's going to pull right. You can normally see if that mount is shot when the engine is running, it will move quite a bit. Mine was almost falling apart where it bolts to the frame.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To be clear I did the whole kit, I doubt you'd see a TON of movement from one mount alone.

If you now have stiffness in the bottom mount, but the passenger mount is gone... It's going to pull right. You can normally see if that mount is shot when the engine is running, it will move quite a bit. Mine was almost falling apart where it bolts to the frame.
This is possibly what's happening. I will post an update once i install the transmission side mount. It's gotta be it, i mean car immediately started pulling right after i installed the bottom mount!.
It will take up to 3 weeks for transmission mount to be delivered.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I did the hasport 65A left and right without the rear and I was getting some left pulling and my exhaust hitting the subframe got worse. When I got all the mounts it got better. A new mount will definitely stress an adjacent old mount more than it was before.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The right side mount was always the more suspect. Mine failed and the belt shredded, as it dropped down. The insulation on the hood was trashed. As mentioned above replace all mounts including the transmission. The Hasports are a bit stiff at first and loosen up over a couple hundred miles. So much better than stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts