8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DAMASCUS, Md. (MarketWatch) -- What a grand year this has been for auto testing...no less than two Porsche 911 Twin Turbos and a day with the new Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera!

Add enough time behind the wheel of some special cars to convince us that the future is not bleak for those who love to drive but cannot afford the ever-increasing price of gasoline. The VW GTI and the Honda Civic Si were both fun cars. The Honda FCX and the Chevy Equinox gave a glimpse of what the future might be like if the nation decides that hydrogen is the way to go before the oil wells go dry.

We humbly submit the following as our cars of the year. A reminder: We only select vehicles that we have driven in calendar year 2007. See slideshow.

Car of the Year: Honda Civic Si. When you put together the total package -- styling, fit, finish, reliability, long life and heaping helpings of fun to drive, nothing tops the Si for the money. The experts say that the price of petrol is going to do nothing but go up, so we might as well make the best of it. Yes, one has to keep the revs at silly levels to extract all that this car has (0 to 60 mph in about 6.5 seconds) but the Honda fours have always been like that. Add some great handling into the stew, a comfortable and somewhat futuristic interior, and for an affordable price of $22K or so you have our car of the year. Close runner up: Mazda's Mazdaspeed 3.

Full story here.

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
props to Honda. now fix our k20 tranny woes & we're going to CONTINUE worshipping the Honda gods... LMAO!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yeah, you can count me in on this list too. I liked the look of the Tc, it was OK. But it handled like a tank compared to the Si IMO.
i had my eyes on the TC for a while. but decided to stop over the Honda Dealer to check out the 4dr Si. Test drove it. Told salesman that I'll be back to check out the TC real quick. Left the Honda Dealer. Went to Toyota Dealer to test drive the Scion TC, and I was out of the Toyota Dealer in 10 minutes! Went back to Honda to buy my Si!

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
Si had a very good equation going. Go take a look at the new Sentra SE-R Spec V, only difference now is that car doesn't come with LSD standard. Let's all start copying what Honda did. Hooray! :thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
at the very beginning i liked the tc but after a while EVERYONE HAS IT...><....SI ftw!!
That was my thought. I liked the Tc at first. Then I saw it everywhere. I like having a car you don't see six of at the same stoplight. LOL
BTW I want to put an air unit on my car and I am new to the mod scene. Does anyone know which one is best and where I can get it? From what I hear, I get about 5 more hp if I add this thing.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.