8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got his letter today saying my factory warranty is has expired? It's only been about 2-3 months...Then it goes on to state I qualify for extended vehicle coverage up to 6 more years or 100,000 miles. And goes on about other stuff...

So has anyone else received this letter? I've never heard of this before...

It was from,

Service Protection Direct in St. Louis, MO
General Manager Robert Bentrup

:hiding:

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha figured. Also didn't say anything about Honda on there, except for " This program is in conjunction with Honda owners only and will not be announced to the general public"

lol:xyxnervou

·
Registered
706 Posts
I just added Mechanical Breakdown coverage on my GEICO policy and it covers more than any aftermarket or OEM extended warranty I've seen yet and it goes out to 100,000 miles regardless of age. Cheap too, about $6/month.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
I keep getting those for my Ford which I don't have. "Our records show that your factory warranty is about to expire" Purchase out platinum protection plan for only blah blah... in the trash it goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Car Notification Letter about Warranty

Letters from Service Protection Plan or Service Protection Direct, 300 North Tucker, St Louis, MO, 63101, phone 800-981-5095, signed by Robert Bentrup, are being sent to owners of various brands of five- to eight-year-old cars offering extended warranty coverage for an additional 5 years or 100,000 miles, with rental-car coverage and no deductible, at prices in the range of $2,000 or less. See reports of owners of various cars at forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10988165#post10988165

The offers all appear too good to be true!! Service Protection says it cannot issue a "blank policy" and refuses to provide a copy of its policy until 10-14 days after having received at least a down payment. The St. Louis Better Business Bureau's report on Service Protection Direct reflects 36 complaints closed during the past year, and notes that Service Protection Direct has an unsatisfactory record concerning misleading advertising.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts