8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night my car was broken into and my gps was stolen. the person who broke into it broke my driver window and threw it on my grass. they must of known what they were doing cuz they broke it right off cleanly. he went through all my **** and didnt take anything but my gps. my $300 sun glasses xm radio and my sound system wasnt touched. i have a feeling they might be back to get the rest so i cleaned out my garage and covered up the driverside window. i feel so violated what a week, first my ps3 breaks then i get a parking ticket now this. well now i;m in the market for an alarm. anyone reccomend one?

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
forget which model i got mine put in in september of 07.. but the high end 2way pager is what you need

one with an lcd remote that tells you if your alarms been activated.. and i suggest you get proximity sensor and tilt sensor as well

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Sorry to hear that man,my girls GPS just was taken last week but one of her doors was unlocked so they did not break anything. We think it was some kids and it sound like some kids hit you to. My old ride was broke into also a few years back so I know what you mean be feeling violated..:SHOCKED:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry to hear that man,my girls GPS just was taken last week but one of her doors was unlocked so they did not break anything. We think it was some kids and it sound like some kids hit you to. My old ride was broke into also a few years back so I know what you mean be feeling violated..:SHOCKED:
its just that feeling thats bugging me. not so much the money i'm going to spend on fixing it. its just verry odd and makes u feel like crap. and about the kids thing, thats exactly what my dad said. when i went to the reporting center the officer told me that they have been having hundreds of these a week.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

Kind of wierd, I had my GPS unit stolen (tomtom) and a watch from my car which was in my driveway. I don't drive a Honda and my car was not locked.

I know what you mean about feeling violated.

I think kids stole mine because that night they had a "marathon" where they stay up all night at the school raising money. I think some of them got bored.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
OP, feel your pain. Have had my VW's broken into a number of times. Had my door handle pried off for the a$$hat to steal my entire stereo system [Alpine]. I read in a VW periodical that a guy in Texas kept a rattlesnake in his car to ward off thieves.

Thieves FTL.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.