8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car got egged last night in about -10 Celsius weather...needless to say, by the time I noticed, the crap was all frozen. :Mad: Most of it was on my windshield, but some of it managed to hit the paint. I brought it to a car wash (since impossible to wash by hand in this cold weather) and it got most of it off, but now I'm left with these stains. It's like the ones where you peel off a sticker that's been sitting on something for a while and it leaves that goo (or whatever its called)...

Just wondering if you guys had any good tips on removing this stuff from the windshield and what's left on the paint...

Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
try to wash with dishsoap and water then try to wax the spots really well and buff it off...might work..:chill:
Should I use the dishsoap on the paint, as well? I would try a wax, but yeah...it's about -15 degrees Celsius outside right now with the windchill. The main problem is that it's frozen...I tried to scratch it off with a scraper but no go. I guess I'll have to leave it until it gets warmer...

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
Soak 2 heavy towels in hot/warm water, then hold against the egg. They will probably "stick" there because they're wet, but don't leave them there to freeze. Keep doing this over and over, and the egg should eventually soften up and wipe off.

I also use this method to remove bug guts in the summer.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Soak 2 heavy towels in hot/warm water, then hold against the egg. They will probably "stick" there because they're wet, but don't leave them there to freeze. Keep doing this over and over, and the egg should eventually soften up and wipe off.

I also use this method to remove bug guts in the summer.
:yeahthat:

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
goo-gone or goof-off products work wonders!!

just be absolutely sure to rinse with water after application & removal. get all the excess off the paint's finish.

good luck & sorry to hear of this misfortune. ppl just cant LEAVE OTHERS' STUFF ALONE!! argh!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
oh man i'm sorry I've been egged twice i know how you feel man but i live in Miami so atleast it didn't freeze on my car.

i hope you can get it all cleaned up and it didn't damage the paint. you're lucky the impact wasn't on the paint though my car has two scars showing the exact spots they got hit

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
i'd probably just use QD and get as much of that stain off after the wash
and then use some abrasive wax. on the glass, id use clay if it doesn't
come off. if it was warmer outside i'd use different tools but working in
the cold it has to be quick.

i suppose it's better to gotten hit in the freezing temps than in the summer...
but still sucks people do these things. :(

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Where do you live? I'd be so upset if locals would do that to my ride.

Good tip on the bug removal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did a bit of hard scrubbing on the windshield and it has helped. I used GeezerSi's advice on the body of the car and it has work (Thanks), just took quite a while. Seems like I got most of it off, but there are still streak marks. Hopefully they will come off and are not scratches...I'm going to give it another cleaning at the car wash again sometime later.

TheJazz, I'm located in Toronto, Canada.

On a side note, I learned that the egg whites come off Much more easily than the yolks. lol

Thanks for all the advice guys/gals.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
oh man i'm sorry I've been egged twice i know how you feel man but i live in Miami so atleast it didn't freeze on my car.

i hope you can get it all cleaned up and it didn't damage the paint. you're lucky the impact wasn't on the paint though my car has two scars showing the exact spots they got hit
you really should move, that place stinks....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.