8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 si coupe, I want to beef up the speaker volume, clarity and sound overall. Whats the best way to do for an affordable price?($400 roughly)

Tweeters, new speakers???

HELP!!!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Change headunit, buy 4ch amplifier, buy component speakers for the front, rewire it all.

I don't think you're going to get much for $400 though, my Alpine CDA-9886 headunit alone cost me $195 used
:yeahthat:

AudioQue

They have speakers and 4 channel amps and are supposed to be great stuff for the price.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
whats the benefit of having a 4 channel amp?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
whats the benefit of having a 4 channel amp?
You can run your speakers active in the front (Each speaker and tweeter get their own channel)

Or you can just amp the speakers in the rear.

If none of that is important than by all means get a 2 channel!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
gotcha jw, i have no knowledge when it comes to this stuff but ive been dying to get a 12" alpine type r sub since my bro got one.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
gotcha jw, i have no knowledge when it comes to this stuff but ive been dying to get a 12" alpine type r sub since my bro got one.
Those are GREAT subs, I used to run 2 of them and they sound great and get loud.

Give your subs a clean 1000rms and you will be bumping!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
lol again no idea what that means haha :facepalm:, all i know is my brother has 1 12 in his gti with an alpine amp, i believe maybe 650 watts? And its in a vented box and its more than enough bass. Problem is i have the powerchamber intake with the tiny battery now so i think id have to get another battery or go back to stock before getting a sub.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Oh the Type R's like and can handle more than the 500 (or 700rms)? that they are rated for and the come to live with 1000rms.

By clean I mean a GOOD 1000-1200rms amp and not a cheap beast with the gains cranked up as you can blow any sub by setting the gain up to high as gains are NOT a volume control.

Yeah a larger battery than stock is a must! I think my cellphone battery was larger than my stock one, lol.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
ok gotcha, you should see my current battery its something you would use on a motorcycle. If i go this route though i was thinkin about one of those yellow top optima batteries, hopefully that would do the trick

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I looked at the group 34 Optima's but did not want to drop $280+ on one for under the hood as I have a group 34 Blue Top in my trunk ;)

I did however, buy a larger batter that added about 200ca and a 5 year warranty and after the big 3 and all that it even starts better now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah if you're gonna run upwards of 1000W RMS then you will for sure need a bigger battery. With that, subs, box, amp, and wiring kit....$400 isn't looking too good. Or you can forget the subs and get decent components some co-axials in the back with an amp for possibly $400 if you play your cards right. Either way you aren't gonna have enough for a decent headunit unless you want to pay more. But with upgraded components and coaxials I think you will still notice a big improvement.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont want a new sub. I just want to upgrade the stock speakers/tweeters. Do I then need a new battery? I was thinking some Alpine TYPE X speakers and component kit...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts