8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering buying a 2006 or 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid and had a stereo system (component speakers, subwoofers, amps, and a capacitor) installed into my previous car that just got wrecked. I wanted to install some of my old stuff as well as integrate some new stuff, but heard that it wasn't a good idea to put aftermarket equipment into hybrids. What do you guys think? Also, if there is a way, how can you do it?

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I'd think the main problem with this would be that it would drain your electric battery, thereby ruining fuel mileage by both adding unnecessary weight as well as something else running off electricity.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
People have been upgrading the audio for years in hybrids.

Besides you can't drain the battery unless you damage the cars systems. All hybrids will go forced battery regen if the level of charge drops to low.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was considering buying a 2006 or 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid and had a stereo system (component speakers, subwoofers, amps, and a capacitor) installed into my previous car that just got wrecked. I wanted to install some of my old stuff as well as integrate some new stuff, but heard that it wasn't a good idea to put aftermarket equipment into hybrids. What do you guys think? Also, if there is a way, how can you do it?

Thanks,
Adam
howdy.

i have ripped out the stock ICE in the car in favour of the setup i had in my old jazz. The P90 with processor, two RF amps sit in the boot. The HCH is a very good platform to do ICE in. Love it! fuel consumption hovers abt 15km/l to 16 km/l for my 80%city and 20% highway driving pattern.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.