8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car alarm keeps goin' off for no reason n i was wonderin if theres a way to change the sensitivity on it. what should i do to fix it.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah its factory alarm. it usually just happens in tha mornin. i gotta sleep with the keys so i can shut it off a minimum of atleast 5 times a day

·
Registered
213 Posts
hmmm.... ill say take a trip to honda because i highly dout the stock alarms in our cars have shock sensors.

maybe the alarm is sensing the doors being opened while its armed thats the only way the stock alarm will really go off. it could just be something not acting rite.

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
it wont go off if you try to open it from the outsode. that only happens if someone trys to open the car using the latch from the inside and the alarm is armed.. some cars come with extra security parts on them so who knows.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its like ill be sleeping n the damn thing will go off. but it only happens in the mornin'. i dont know just so weird

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
xxhaimbondxx said:
Does it happen when it rains too? I'm thinking the moisture in the morning shorts something inside
Thats just what i was thinking. Sounds like a short caused by moisture.

Have you done any electrical mods, like a sound system? If your all stock, then i would take it over to your local Honda dealership and have them check it out. It definitely sounds like a problem.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had the same problem. It is moisture shorting a connection. You will have to take it to the dealer and let them try and locate the connector. My dealer initially tried the door connectors (in the pillars) but to no avail. He then was advised by Honda to check some connectors under the dash which fixed it permanently. The dealer refused to tell me exactly what he finally did that resolved the issue. In any case I was quite upset (it is no fun waking up at 3 in the morning to disable the damn thing - plus dealing with cursing neighbours) at the dealer so... It also took the dealer quite a few attempts / days to locate the problem and resolve it.

I finally resorted to removing the fuse for the horn at night, till the problem got fixed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts