8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - a little help is needed.

Car: Civic Si 2008 Mods: I/H/E 75 shot of spray

Problem: When I'm driving at around 2500-3500 RPMs (mostly in 4th-6th gear) the car hesistates and jerks a little bit when I accelerate. After a second or so of acceleration it stops. But sometimes it's more noticable than the rest of the times. I have about 25K on the car and it hasn't really done this before. Any ideas?

·
Banned
5,376 Posts
could be a clogged fuel filter or clogged injector. run the lucas injector cleaner and gas treatment. see if that works.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I had the same problem with a ford that I owned and never really found the problem. I tried the Lucas cleaner and it didnt work. Dont you have Warranty?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the same problem with a ford that I owned and never really found the problem. I tried the Lucas cleaner and it didnt work. Dont you have Warranty?
Yeah... but I dont wanna bring it in if i can fix the problem myself ya know?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I would reccomend that you check all your fluids and honestly if the Lucas works for you , your set but How do you drive the car?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My car makes a clicking noise when i shift that Im still trying to figure out and I got 1,500 miles so I guess Im in the same boat almost...sorry I couldnt help more

No problem man, any help is good. Its just weird how it like loses momentum and shutters for a second and then is perfectly fine.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
No problem man, any help is good. Its just weird how it like loses momentum and shutters for a second and then is perfectly fine.
Im telling you man save your self the heartache or the chance of it getting worse and have a freind at a shop check it for you or warranty. you never know...But try the Lucas first

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah when you got the time . I love any advice or ideas I can get. i got rims and tires and LEDs and tint done so far. And exhaust
Oh word word. I've only got I/H/E and a 75 shot of nitrous. My supercharger is goin on kinda soon, that's gonna be sick. I also have a few custom decals done, H.I.Ds, some LEDs and thats about it lol.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Oh word word. I've only got I/H/E and a 75 shot of nitrous. My supercharger is goin on kinda soon, that's gonna be sick. I also have a few custom decals done, H.I.Ds, some LEDs and thats about it lol.
Sounds pretty tight. I am reluctant to find SI civic or new civics like mine in the Boca Raton Area...so I dont get much ideaszzz lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts