8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

481 - 499 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey any videos with the s2 s3 cams? I'm starting my all motor build also and am getting a nice deal on these cams. Would love to see how everything sounds lol.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #486
UPDATE

installed a j37 Throttle body and a new 3.5 inch intake. Also bored my RRC manifold opening and runners.

Decided it was also time for custom gearing that better suits the motor.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
So if you had to do this build again you would use the mahle or supertech pistons? Is the piston slap that bad for a daily driver? What clearance did you set P2W? Building a similar daily driven car and everyone tells me to use weisco pistons, half of them say piston slap but they don't care other half say they wished they used the supertech or mahle because the piston slap is loud and concerning on startup.

Also how were your p2v clearances, and what vtc was max?
Sorry for all the q's just curious on your experience regarding this

Yea it'll be nice to have it not do that as much

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
10,417 Posts
Get the wisecos. Overall they are a slightly better piston and have bigger valve reliefs while still maintaining a low expansion rate. I am currently running the supertechs in my engine and have had zero issues but if done over again I would go with the wisecos. Just my thoughts on the matter :shrug:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #495
So if you had to do this build again you would use the mahle or supertech pistons? Is the piston slap that bad for a daily driver? What clearance did you set P2W? Building a similar daily driven car and everyone tells me to use weisco pistons, half of them say piston slap but they don't care other half say they wished they used the supertech or mahle because the piston slap is loud and concerning on startup.

Also how were your p2v clearances, and what vtc was max?
Sorry for all the q's just curious on your experience regarding this
I'd probably go wiseco again. They're great for DDing and take a beating well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I came across his YouTube video sometime after he dropped it. Ever since then I was like that's what want and got hooked. Just got some DC 004 yesterday and waiting on my PPG 1-2 to come in today. Next week it's off to the builder and straight on the rollers.

481 - 499 of 499 Posts