8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have a friend who seriously has to be put in his place.

He thinks a Camaro 1995 Z28 with NO suspension mods and just Intake/Exhaust will beat a brand new Si on amazing tires and a ride drop in AutoX...

LOL!

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
What if the drivers have equal skill? Theoretically.
Then it would depend on the course. A smaller, more technical course would cater to the Si but a faster, horsepower-oriented course (they do exist in autocrossing, it depends on the course designer) could help the Camaro out quite a bit.

Z28's have been used in autocrossing since they came out. They're not as crappy as everyone thinks.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then it would depend on the course. A smaller, more technical course would cater to the Si but a faster, horsepower-oriented course (they do exist in autocrossing, it depends on the course designer) could help the Camaro out quite a bit.

Z28's have been used in autocrossing since they came out. They're not as crappy as everyone thinks.
The courses we have here have REALLY tight turns, and there aren't many straights at all.

We are both very good drivers, and honestly are about equal in skill.

I understand Z28s arent as bad as we think, but he still has stock 15 inch all seasons with a stock suspension, while I am running Direzza Z1 star specs and a lowering kit...

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
There's no need to mention the lowering kit unless it's a coil-over set or a spring/shock combo. All it's doing is making your car handle worse. The Star Specs, on the other hand, will definitely help.

Your car has a definite advantage. I just hope your driving is up to the task as well. If it is I'm sure your car will come out on top.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's no need to mention the lowering kit unless it's a coil-over set or a spring/shock combo. All it's doing is making your car handle worse. The Star Specs, on the other hand, will definitely help.

Your car has a definite advantage. I just hope your driving is up to the task as well. If it is I'm sure your car will come out on top.
It's Honda's HFP suspension kit for the Si.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
The HFP kit is, IMO, one of the better kits you can get. It definitely improves over stock! It's definitely going to help you gain an edge as well.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The HFP kit is, IMO, one of the better kits you can get. It definitely improves over stock! It's definitely going to help you gain an edge as well.

:)

Yeah, it's made quite a big difference! My car feels so much more stable, not to mention cornering speed has risen quite a bit.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Both of you should autocross at the next event and settle it then and there. :thumb:

Not that I want to choose sides or anything.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.