8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 si and Im having a problem getting blue hid lights. I bought a hid kit with two 12k bulbs, installed them at a shop, and there still aqua blue. I want dark blue but I dont know what to do....anyone have some input???

·
Registered
717 Posts
I wonder why flashlights don't use blue bulbs... Wait, I know: That's because they're useless for seeing in the dark.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no no i care about visibility also but its not even medium blue....if you would see my headlights in person you would see. they are like 90% white and the blue is almost not visible. I was told I should get a projector or a stabilizer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no i dont want dark blue but i would like a little bit more blue than i have now....im telling you my lights are almost white.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Function follows form - This is how you design something when the appearance is more important than how well it actually works.

Basically I'm calling your blue headlights useless, and if you care at all about visibility, you'll get some 6000k bulbs.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
6000k is aqua, 8000k is dark blue, and 12000k is purple. do you have 35 watt HIDs or 55 watt? If you bought the 55 watt, it washes out some of the color which is probably why they look like light blue to you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts