8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to Atco Raceway today. It was my first time at the track. My car has a Helix Throttle Body Spacer, made my own intake(CRV Tube, Apexi Filter), Skunk2 70mm, and also Flashpro just running a basemap. I'm a little disappointed that I was not able to even break into the 14's. I am on the stock Summer tires (25 psi) with ~ 10,000 miles lowered on H&R Springs. I made 4 passes and my final run was the best.

Final Run:
R/T: .706
60': 2.414
330: 6.516
1/8: 9.832
MPH: 74.58
1000: 12.666
1/4: 15.067
MPH: 94.57

On that final run I launched @ 3000 rpm and pretty much just dropped the clutch. Should I be letting off the clutch easier? Also, I was not powershifting.
Any tips would be appreciated.

UPDATE 5-25-2010
Managed to go to the track again tonight. Have the same exact mods as before. Ran a little bit better times. 60' is still weak though. Here's my best time slip:

R/T: .779
60': 2.345
330: 6.370
1/8: 9.603
MPH: 76.23
1000: 12.375
1/4: 14.722
MPH: 96.70

Think I might order an Injen CAI and Skunk2 Header.....

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
that's because all the mods you have you really have no mods that actually gain any power. The "custom" short ram you made is junk compared to a cold air.

Also your 60' is 2.4 which is bad.

·
Registered
345 Posts
OP, I have virtually the same mods as you have, the only difference is that I have a catless race header and the oem catback. Stock ecu.
I`m also on streettires and usually drive on a snotty track, so my 60ft is the same 2.4 seconds.
However, I managed a 14.49 at 158.89 km/hr.
The raceheader helps me a lot and flatshifting is the key to a good E.T. in my opinion. Just keep practising, feather the clutch on launch and you will make progress.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
definitely not. there was another kid at the track with a bonestock si and he was telling me to just drop it @ 3000 and he was running 15.1 so I was like alright I guess ill try that... lol im a track noob

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
that's because all the mods you have you really have no mods that actually gain any power. The "custom" short ram you made is junk compared to a cold air.

Also your 60' is 2.4 which is bad.
+1. Probably one good cold air intake (aem or injen) would equal your gains from your TBS, FP, and exhaust.

You need to slip the clutch when you launch. Hold the throttle at about 3-4k rpm, or whichever works best for you. Keep your foot PLANTED at those RMP's and slowly let out the clutch. Remember, at this point all of your pedal movement is in the clutch. Once the clutch is all the way out, and you have traction, dump the gas. Don't no lift shift, unless you want to trash your synchros. A good time has less to do with slam shifting, and more to do with the first 60 feet of the race.

Better luck next time. A good 60' takes time and practice. I did over 20 passes at a 1/8 mile track and could only pull a 2.26 as my best 60'. Low 2.3's was my average.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
okay thanks. yeah I seemed to be getting some wheel hop and wheel spin. I wanted to hit 14's so bad and I definitely should be able to. Im going to go to the track again soon and work on those 60's.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
not to rain on your parade but i pulled a 14.5 with only an injen cai my first time at the track... if i were u id invest in some better tires...btw i was launching at 3k and powershifting 3rd on...

·
Registered
15 Posts
dont feel bad guys, my first run with my turbo si, i tried to launch at 5500 and i spun 1st ,2nd and 3rd,(im used to my rwd 350z) but i only ran a 14.8 but at 98 mph

1 - 20 of 46 Posts