8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I will be purchasing a 2008 SI at the end of the month. I have already posted a help on this forum with the color and got great help. I was stuck between Fji and G.G. I have decided on Fiji. Now.... I was set on the Sedan, but now the more I compare it to the coupe, the less I like the some of the sedan's styling cues of the sedan. Just little things are bugging me, like the rear end and spoiler, and the front bumper. Even the headlights are a little different. Now I have 2 kids and my wife has a Pilot, so I would rarely need the backseat, but it would be nice to have. I have tried the search function, and just quite cant find any help on comparing the coupe to the sedan.

Now I know most of you tell me its just a personal preference, but am I nit-picking the sedan too much, or has anyone else been bothered by the slight, yet different styling between the coupe and sedan?

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
Are you tall?

Sedan has more head room due to the longer arch of the roof.

It's a big investment if you are financing, if you're leasing, then you're only stuck with it for a bit. (I know where I bought my Civic , the sales person mentioned that if I didn't like the ride, I could swap it out within a week or so, also something about a cool off period)

I own a Sedan, don't regret it at all, I like the coupe, but the Sedan a bit more. Even storage of larger items you've got just that much more room to get things in and out with the rear doors.

Make a list, write two columns, sedan, coupe write down a pro and cons list, then make your descision on the list, which has more positives that you will enjoy.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have a coupe and I love it

but sometimes a sedan is nice because that back seat was designed for people under 5'2

and the coupe stock looks meaner

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really good points. Good idea on the list LEO. I am 5'10. But being almost 34, I think I would aprreciate the Sedan more in the long run. Especially, since I originally wanted the sedan, because it just looks a bit more mature.

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
just my .02 but imo you should go wit the coupe because it will make you feel younger than a sedan will. you said you have a pilot for the wife and kids, let it be. get the coupe cause when you ride in the coupe and vtec, the wife and kids wont like the power and the speed and all the foolishness that comes with going fast. it can be your escape from all the craziness that comes with a wife and kid. not saying a marriage with children is bad, BUT every family has its ups and downs and then you can escape by vtecing by yourself and have some fun and insanity in your life. hope you didnt take this in the wrong way. by the way the coupe looks more sportier than the sedan.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But then again...you're right...the coupe looks so much better and meaner. AAAHHHHHHHH dang this sucks...lol

Sedan - Much more roomy, only $200 more than the couple and only 60lbs heavier, more of a mature less racey look, yet, not as attractive as the coupe.

Coupe- looks so damn good, more sporty looking, useless back seat, 60lbs lighter, $200 less.....damn this isn't helping...LOL

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
coupe looks so much better imo
if youre not going to be using the car with the kids then coupe is for you
but if you know youre kids are going in and out, the sedan is a better option for you

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
But then again...you're right...the coupe looks so much better and meaner. AAAHHHHHHHH dang this sucks...lol

Sedan - Much more roomy, only $200 more than the couple and only 60lbs heavier, more of a mature less racey look, yet, not as attractive as the coupe.

Coupe- looks so damn good, more sporty looking, useless back seat, 60lbs lighter, $200 less.....damn this isn't helping...LOL
It's sexy!

Body kits will make it more aggressive.. :lildevil:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HaHaHa....boy would that be nice LEO....LOL

This is how i'm feeling....

SI Sedan - Fiji Blue (60%)

SI Coupe - Galaxy Grey (40%)

Either one I get, these are the color combinations I would go with 100%

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was the opposite of you. I can't stand the rear ends on the coupes so it wasn't a question for me. The Fiji blue sedan is beautiful though. I had to wait quite a while for one to become available.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got back from the dealer who had about 3 of each, sedan and coupes. I appreciate all of your imput. After lookin and comparing them in person, I put down a deposit on a Fiji Blue Sedan SI. They had a GG coupe, and they both were calling my name, but just had to go for the Fiji sedan, although I was surprised how good the tafetta white looked in person, epecially in the sedan. Well, just a few more weeks till I wrap up the deal. I'll be sure to post up pics.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Going to keep it stock for a while, at least until summer. Only thing I plan to do is an Injen SRI and replacing the H's with the red JDM H's. Keep it mostly stock. I like the sound of the stock exhaust and dont want to go any louder. Just want the SRI to help it breathe a lil better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts