8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so I want to get a front lip for my car, and I feel like the HFP front lip wont go well without the side and rear lips.

I'm thinking of getting this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-07-HONDA-CIVIC-2DR-RACING-FRONT-BUMPER-LIP-SPOILER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36475QQihZ013QQitemZ230159594790QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I saw someone else on this site with an ebay lip, but it wasnt this one. The one i saw on this forums looked like this, but on a coupe:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-M-STYLE-FRONT-BUMPER-LIP-for-06-07-HONDA-CIVIC-4D_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36475QQihZ005QQitemZ150149415705QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

What do you guys think??

EDIT: I found a picture:

thoughts?

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
well bro my best answer would be to wait till you can afford it all. because even if you do get this it wont look as complete without the sides and back. And you probably wont be satisfied without the real one.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

^^ theres the other lip

also, I dont feel like even dropping over a G on a full lip kit. so i dont think HFP is even gonna come in the future. i'd rather save that G for other things. looks arent #1 on my list, but I did want to add something to the front.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
If you just wanted to add something to the front, why not just get the HFP front lip by itself? If you want to go with an eBay kit, by all means go for it. Me, I prefer OEM because it always looks clean. You get what you pay for. But to each and his own.

·
Registered
14,801 Posts
black07coupe said:

^^ theres the other lip

also, I dont feel like even dropping over a G on a full lip kit. so i dont think HFP is even gonna come in the future. i'd rather save that G for other things. looks arent #1 on my list, but I did want to add something to the front.

i had that lip is sits LOW! but looks awesome! that car is hot too

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1chin3s3_b0i said:
there are shots of it in the RBP colour threads in the intro section...but my avatar has a good pic of how it looks
is that one of the lips i posted? and do you have problems with speed bumps, ect? i live in boston, i dont want my lip getting ripped off in a driveway.

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
I personally think you're better off staying lip-less than rocking an eBay lip. I think those eBay lips look really weird because of the curvature of our bumper below the grill. The HFP takes this into consideration and starts really high (above our fog lights) and covers everything underneath whereas these lips attach at the very bottom.

That's just my take. If you can just buy the HFP front lip as opposed to both the front and rear, I'd go with that.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yodums said:
I personally think you're better off staying lip-less than rocking an eBay lip. I think those eBay lips look really weird because of the curvature of our bumper below the grill. The HFP takes this into consideration and starts really high (above our fog lights) and covers everything underneath whereas these lips attach at the very bottom.

That's just my take. If you can just buy the HFP front lip as opposed to both the front and rear, I'd go with that.
i havent seen anyone on here with just the front lip. does it look alright without the sides and back?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts