8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 civic Si. I recently bought the car and it needed a motor. I replaced the motor and have driven the car a couple of times before this clutch issue started.

The clutch pedal has gone soft and the slave cylinder only seems like it's extending about an inch or less against the clutch fork preventing the clutch from disengaging all the way and I can't shift into any gear. With the engine off OR the wheels off of the ground, I can get it into gear. I thought maybe I had air in my system since I have been doing work on the car so I bled the system at least a dozen times. There was absolutely no air coming out and the issue was still there. I also tried adjusting the pedal with no improvement. When the pedal adjustment didn't help, I replaced the CMC and Slave cylinder thinking that one or both were going bad. I bench bled both components and again, bled the whole system through the bleed screw a dozen or so times and adjusted the pedal stroke of the new CMC.

After all of this work, I have made zero progress. The pedal still feels soft and weak exactly like it did at the beginning of this issue and the slave doesn't seem likes it's extending enough. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts