8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Wegue Wegue
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Premium Member
13,470 Posts
WOW!, thats one hell on a drive...

but i am going to the new york one... and i thought that was a bit of a ride, sorry adrian count me out.

· Premium Member
142,110 Posts
Hmmm... Well, I know I wont be in Europe this time around LOL...
i will probably go if anyone from ottawa is going. i'm terrible with directions.
Come to Toronto, we can meet up and all go down together.
well I'm going down.. it only adds about half an hour or so to the drive to go down through TO although I'm not sure what sort of wait we'd be in for at a southern Ontario border crossing versus straight down the 416 through Ogdensburg (5-10 minute wait tops from my experience). I do plan on driving down in a single day, leaving very early thursday morning to arrive for thursday night. Estimated time with the normal route from Ottawa is about 17 hours.

· Wegue Wegue
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well I'm going down.. it only adds about half an hour or so to the drive to go down through TO although I'm not sure what sort of wait we'd be in for at a southern Ontario border crossing versus straight down the 416 through Ogdensburg (5-10 minute wait tops from my experience). I do plan on driving down in a single day, leaving very early thursday morning to arrive for thursday night. Estimated time with the normal route from Ottawa is about 17 hours.
I cross over the first bridge in Niagara Falls, *by the park we had the meet at* During the Christmas rush, we arrived 9am, we were the third car in line, not busy at all. Peace Bridge would be jammed packed. Lewiston Bridge is the one I crossed, (I think that's what it was called)

Either way, let's start planning now for one , two or three caravans. See who's going and what's what.

One day eh.. Hmmmm...

· Premium Member
142,110 Posts
for me, a consideration is just how much time off work I'd have to take and how much I'd have to spend to stay another night en route, which I'd like to avoid. I've done the drive from Halifax -> Ottawa in a day.. 16 hours and yeah, it sucked that day, but it got it done and over with quick.

· Registered
3,195 Posts
Wow... I don't know.. Again, it's way hard for me to predict my work schedule. Especially now; I am the person doing my job (once the guy I'm replacing leaves)... So it's not like someone can take my shifts while I'm gone.

But one day?!?! I don't know Mike... Maybe I could stay at my bros in Hamilton and try and tag up with the TO people...
Good thing we're starting to think/plan this now

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.