8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a google search and found nothing..

I am looking to get my mom a new car. I am between a Lexus RX350 or Porsche Macan but she lives in a smallish city. I figure you can take a Lexus to Toyota no problem but can you take a Porsche to Audi?

Also, if anyone with experience with both SUVs want to give me their opinion that'd be appreciated :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
I don't see why not. I'm sure to most stealerships money is money. It's all part of VAG anyways. If not then just take it to a VW shop if there's one in town.

That said, I've heard of Lexus stealerships refusing to work on Altezzas, Aristos, and the like becuz JDM or something.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Did a google search and found nothing..

I am looking to get my mom a new car. I am between a Lexus RX350 or Porsche Macan but she lives in a smallish city. I figure you can take a Lexus to Toyota no problem but can you take a Porsche to Audi?

Also, if anyone with experience with both SUVs want to give me their opinion that'd be appreciated :)
Call the dealership where you want to take it to for her and just ask - no one on here can really answer your specific question. When I owned my 2 Porsche's - Hunt Valley Motors sold MB, Porsche, VW, Audi, and Subaru. So they would do it for sure. Just because they are under the same umbrella corp, does not mean they will work on whatever car just because its German. There is a lot of education that goes into working on specific models.

Also, that's a hell of a move for you to make for your mom. Awesome!!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I could just have easily called lol. I was mostly asking for warranty work however. Would VW be able to do Warranty work on Porsche? I'll call later and find out :)

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
I guess I could just have easily called lol. I was mostly asking for warranty work however. Would VW be able to do Warranty work on Porsche? I'll call later and find out :)
no
Porsche is a separate company that has majority of its shares owned by VAG.
Its not like a lexus/Toyota or GM vehicle.
Porsche uses many exclusive parts etc.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I work at Audi and we had one porsche in for service, but that was due to one of the service advisors being a past Porsche tech. It was only in for an oil change and tire rotation.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would suggest taking it to the Porsche dealer, Techs are trained to deal with Porsche compared to techs trained to deal with Audi's. Just because they are owned by VW and share parts doesn't mean they will have tools, parts or more importantly knowledge to fix the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts