8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you mix carbon fiber brands?

ex: VIS racing cf trunk, Seibon CF spoiler?

VIS racing CF trunk, no name brand with real carbon fiber cf spoiler?

or VIS racing CF trunk, and Seibon CF hood?

can you mix them without any carbon fiber color problems? or will it be very noticeable?

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
i think they cant touch just like 2 magnets when you get them close to each other j/k

you might want to double check because the weaves might be differnt colors or patterns

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts
Color wise they are very similar.

The TPI will differ from brand to brand, and even within the brands. My friend has a Seibon trunk, but his looks different from my Seibon trunk because my weave is tighter with smaller TPI count. Sometimes companies may change their designs between production to improve the products strength, or possibly because of carbon suppliers and costs.

Right now I have Seibon trunk, seibon M hood, and VIS racing wing, and they all look very similar thread wise which is why I like them.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
You can't do this. If you do, you will break the space-time continuum. Everything will explode, and Marty will lose his job at a Japanese business firm.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
In truth, Celsius and everyone's right. The one thing I would look at is to at least try to make sure the "threads per inch" are about the same, and that the weave is in the same general direction. I've seen some cars that look a little off because of that.

Then again, if you are thinking about simply a trunk and hood, they won't really see the difference, since they're so far apart. Apart from that, if you paint it...no one will see the weave. :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
you can for a short period of time.

the weaves are similar.

but in the long run, VIS will fade quicker and the weaves will turn yellow.

try and get both seibon if you can. VIS quailty isnt so great.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
well i already got a vis hood. i was thinken maybe to get the seibon hood but i wanna have a matching hood nd trunk tho, my car is garage kept its always clean i dont think it will fade

1 - 17 of 17 Posts