8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the opportunity to get a cobb ap for the right price and i am aware they don't support it anymore and i can't seem to find any forums that still talk and trade maps (cobbtuners.com?) is one i have heard of but it was shut down..

It still is a good program and very handy and seems to do everything you need, for an NA setup at least (which is the route I'm going to go.. eventually cams and hopefully franekstien in the future) As well as teaching the fundamentals of tuning and learning your car, which is really something I'm looking forward to.

So if you still are running cobb ap and lurk this section (which i realize not many do anymore) lets try to get a roll call going so we can all help each other out, especially considering we have no support from cobb anymore.

1.texasedan

·
Registered
21 Posts
All stock basemap works fine, however I would like to tune the open-loop fueling. It runs rich (11:1) at high rpm. There's basically no support, so you're (we're) on your own.

1.texasedan
2.deagz

·
Registered
142 Posts
i use cobb and would really like to get flashpro, just for the map tuning and live tuning

i dont think cobb is to bad to learn a thing or two on but in the end flashpro would be the best bet

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm own it a Cobb , and I'm running rich , I can smell it .

But I just recently buy a kW supercharge . And I'm thinking on swap it , at flash pro .
Cuz there's non maps , or I can run it with a supercharge .
My car def. I wana need a good tune on it .

·
VitTuned 4tw
13,661 Posts
I'm own it a cool , and I'm running rich , I can smell it .

But I just recently buy a kW supercharge . And I'm thinking on swap it , at flash pro .
Cuz there's non maps , or I can run it with a supercharge .
My car def. I wana need a good tune on it .

Throw the AP away, get an FP and a real tune for the car.

·
VitTuned 4tw
13,661 Posts
Cobb AP V3 is so much nicer than FP. Too bad all the Hondata fanboys drove them away from the Honda scene.

Who cares how "nice" the device is if the underlying software is garbage and couldn't do 10% of what FP does. You do realize those guys couldn't even figure out how to do injector scaling without destroying their customer's O2 sensors? Not for the lack of trying either.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Who cares how "nice" the device is if the underlying software is garbage and couldn't do 10% of what FP does. You do realize those guys couldn't even figure out how to do injector scaling without destroying their customer's O2 sensors? Not for the lack of trying either.
Fock , thats why my 02 it's seats on after the installation of the header ,if I plug everything correct .
:deadhorse:

·
Registered
892 Posts
I really like that the cobb device had a screen to view the options. I have a macbook which FP doesnt support and running back to my desktop and back to my car was a pain to get datalogs Lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
I like my accessport. First off, it's leaps and bounds better than the crappy oem map. If you are running rich get a tune from etunez. They still offer support. It isn't flashpro but it gets the job done. And to be honest, I'm kind of shocked hondata hasn't offered a unit that can display live readings without a laptop. That's my favorite part about the cobb. However, it is limited to stock injectors. So if you intend to do more than i/h/e get a flashpro. I got my cobb for too cheap to resist.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I like my accessport. First off, it's leaps and bounds better than the crappy oem map. If you are running rich get a tune from etunez. They still offer support. It isn't flashpro but it gets the job done. And to be honest, I'm kind of shocked hondata hasn't offered a unit that can display live readings without a laptop. That's my favorite part about the cobb. However, it is limited to stock injectors. So if you intend to do more than i/h/e get a flashpro. I got my cobb for too cheap to resist.
I agree...I wish flashpro would allow us to see what we are doing without a laptop....and I have a macbook so it would enough be capable lol too bad Cobb opted out it was a good product. I just have an intake because I liked the extra noise in vtec but spending $600+ on flash pro was a little much

1 - 15 of 15 Posts