8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi yall, i got a illegal question to ask, lol.

1, is it true that ALL hybrid car never need SMOG?

2, if that is true, then is it possible to put a K20 in the 8th gen hybrid ?

3. if i really put a K20 in a hybrid, i will never need to smog it,right? because its still a "hyrbid", or like hey its a real "VIN number for hybrid" just with a different motor, if u catch my drift.... and i hope the cops wont notice it too, lol.

3, it should be the same chassis, but i know the sway bar, rear disc brake, and the rear suspension is all different, so the question is will ALL the other SI stuff gonna fit perfectly in the hybrid chassis. etc, k20, motor mount, 6speed tranny, lsd, and all the other crap....

4. yes i hate SMOG, and i hate it when u mod to a car, the cops goes like, o this is ILLEGAL MODIFICATION and u have to take it out, even though the damn muffler is 50 states legal and smog legal, but noooooooo, cops said NO! cuz i just got a muffler ticket on my integra. damn those PIGS !!!

5. sorry about them hating words, but yeah if anyone know much about it let me know, thanks. especially more about the smog legal *****.

·
Premium Member
11,488 Posts
why bother? Honestly?

A Hybrid is going to cost you more if not about the same as a si and then you have to drop another 5-10k in parts for a swap.

all because you don't want to deal with smog? seriously, though, between you and me; this is one of those pipe dreams right? like when people post **** on forums claiming that it's their outline and none of it comes to reality?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Carb legal and illegal modification are not the same, when u get pulled over by a cop,and he tells u to open ur hood up, then u know what im talking about huckelberry

yes i did do my reasearch, companys with smog legal are:

AEM
Comptech
DC Sports
Injen
RS Akimoto
Revolution
SPW Industries
Skunk2
Edelbrock
GReddy
Holley
Lightspeed
MSD
Nology
HKS
Jackson Racing
Vortech

IS THAT ENOUGH REASEARCH FOR YA!!!

and i bet u that u dont even know some of those other companys

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok let me simply revised my question, to put it very simply, ALL IM ASKING IF EVERYTHING WILL FITS PERFECTLY INSIDE A HYDRBID CHASSIS THAT IS ALL !!! take out ur B/S elsewhere.

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
what are you trying to prove and/or do?

it doesnt matter if you have a non-smog part in your car, or a k20 swapped hybrid.....they are both illegal.
if you think that you ever get puleld over and the cop notices your engien is not OEM...you think they will jsut say, but "oh...its a hybrid shell, so its ok".

no, sorry. a hybrid badge on the back of your car doesnt entitle you to smog illegal modifications.

yes, a k20 will fit into a hybrid. youll need a new subframe, ecu, cluster and other parts to make it 100% functional.

when your pulled over, your gonna have a hard time conving cops your car is still a hybrid though. you mind as well just buy an SI, debadge it and put a hybrid badge on it. either wya...you loose.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Yeah, passing a smog test is the least of your issues. If you're driving like a douche with loud noise, cop still gonna pull you over and ask you to pop your hood.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
You can put a k20 into any car...key thing is money!

If you don't have deep, beyond deep pockets then don;t bother. It has been done to an Insight and last I heard it costs well over $15K for all parts....Does not include labor, and misc parts. Not to mention since your asking the question you can tack on a few stacks to the price for labor.

:pat:

Also if you are worried about smog or passing smog...hope you get a dumb tech, because any good tech will fail you instantly. :giggle:

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
Carb legal and illegal modification are not the same, when u get pulled over by a cop,and he tells u to open ur hood up, then u know what im talking about huckelberry

yes i did do my reasearch, companys with smog legal are:

AEM
Comptech
DC Sports
Injen
RS Akimoto
Revolution
SPW Industries
Skunk2
Edelbrock
GReddy
Holley