8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That a aftermarket shorty Header is going to flow better than my stock one.

I have seen pics but i have never seen Dyno results with simply just a shorty header.

I know the stock header has that Apple shape at the bottom as well as that air divider but i just cannot see where there is much difference at all in an aftermarket shorty and our stock one. If i get one i would get the Megan because i feel as if Comptech is Really HIGH. I have a R/T Cat that i refuse to get rid of for a full race header (i already had DC sport) and Ti-C Catback.

Would the shorty Show an improvment over the factory?

By the way i have searched and really cannot come up with a solid answer just want some good discussion here! :thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't have a real answer for you either or dyno evidence but I got a deal that I couldn't refuse on a Megan shorty header so I figured WTH; I really didn't have anything to lose for the price. After the install I feel the car has more pep and response in the low to mid (before vtec) rpm range. When vtec kicks in it is noticably louder and feels like it pulls a little harder but nothing jaw dropping. I lined up the 2 headers side to side to see what the difference is and the Megan has less bends in the tubing and is a tad larger in regards to the inner diameter. If you are looking for something to do that adds a little bit of power and response without breaking the bank I would say give it a shot, couldn't hurt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.