8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it needs to be programmed for the keys etc, but without using the remote could I get away with just swaping my ECU with a brand new one for a 06 Civic Si for a couple of days while I get my hondata reflash? Would the car start up and run? I just dont want to not have a car for the 3 days it takes to get done.

Also anyone know the part number for the ECU through honda?

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Also anyone know the part number for the ECU through honda?
Ill. Num. 3 in the below link. Im not sure why its listed twice with 2 separate part #s and prices, though

Cart Contents Honda Parts at HondaPartsDeals.com: Honda Accessory, Honda Car Parts, Honda Auto Parts, Honda Accord Parts

edit: i just looked at the ECU for the 07 and 08 Si's on that site and both show only 1 part number (they are different for each year)... but both are quite a bit cheaper than the one for 06. I wonder why that is :scratches:

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damnnn! have you looked into how much it would cost to get the ecu programmed? theres got to be a way to do this without waiting 3 days, I called shops in CT and two in NH yesterday thinking that they might be able to do it right at the shop, but all of them said they needed to send it to hondata, if thats the case id rather just go though clubrsx and send it into hondata myself.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
damnnn! have you looked into how much it would cost to get the ecu programmed? theres got to be a way to do this without waiting 3 days, I called shops in CT and two in NH yesterday thinking that they might be able to do it right at the shop, but all of them said they needed to send it to hondata, if thats the case id rather just go though clubrsx and send it into hondata myself.
i havent looked into how much a dealership charges, but what ive seenon here is roughly $100. So, youd have to buy the new ecu, then spend the $$ to get it programmed, then ship your ecu, then bring the reflashed ecu with you to honda again and pay another $100 to get it programmed back to the good ecu.

its a pain in the ass

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.