8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking at getting the greddy kit… but when I bought the car they talked me into buying the extended warranty is there anyway to sell it back because putting the kit on will void it anyways from my understanding and I thought I heard before that you can sell it back maybe?

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
I'm in the same position as you...I have the extended warrenty but want to get a turbo it around a year or so...I heard you can sell it back depending on time and if you used it or not for reapirs...Good luck

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
yes...you get a pro-rated amount that the warrenty is worth...say teh warrenty was $1500 for 8 years and you have had the car for 1 year....$1500/8 = 187.50...so you would get back $1312.5

·
Banned
133 Posts
I did the same thing on another vehicle...the warranty company appleid it to my principal though...not cash in hand. Being how I hadn't really "paid" for it (financed).

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
S Eye said:
I did the same thing on another vehicle...the warranty company appleid it to my principal though...not cash in hand. Being how I hadn't really "paid" for it (financed).
good point...i didnt think of that.well OP...your car would get paid off early and you can get teh turbo then...but it wont help out imedieatly.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
^This is true. If you have a loan and a bank lien on your car, the money will probably get refunded directly to that bank.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
inyong1988 said:
talked to 5 different financial managers.
Well im the sixth and the five other lied to you. Your loan amount will be reduced, but your payment will be the same

·
Banned
18,909 Posts
HONDACARE said:
Well im the sixth and the five other lied to you. Your loan amount will be reduced, but your payment will be the same
um isn't that what I said? lets say you have 20 more months to go...then it will reduce to 18months...and stuff.

·
Banned
133 Posts
inyong1988 said:
um isn't that what I said? lets say you have 20 more months to go...then it will reduce to 18months...and stuff.
No that's not what you said, but I understand now what you were getting at though.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Freq18hz said:
Ryan,

Talk to my lady at the next meet. She can tell you how to cancel out of that.

-Freq

I spoke to customer service but they said I have to cancel it by faxing/mailing in that form or going to my dealership to cancel it in person. The easiest way for me is to fill out that form and faxing it. Is there anyway she can give me that form or help me out? Thanks Chris!:thumb:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
SiRyan said:
Is there anywhere online where we can get the Honda Care Cancellation form?
go to any dealership that offers hondacare and get the calcellation form.

A point of clarification though:

Strapping on a turbo kit is not going to make your entire contract void. It will only void the parts that are afftected by the aftermarket parts.

Example:

If your window motor goes out and you have a turbo, it will still be covered

1 - 20 of 38 Posts