8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a squeaky clutch and wondering if I can take the whole rod out as per the below photo (without removing the CMC From the car) lube it and refit without having to remove clutch fluid/bleed etc? Or will all the clutch fluid pour out if I do the below once removing the circlip?

Thanks,

·
Registered
93 Posts
I also have a squeaky clutch and would like to know what ends up working for you. I don't know if you can refit the rod but I would imagine you have to bleed the system anyways that clutch master cylinder is already off the car.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Turned out for me, that my squeaky clutch pedal wasn't the cmc. It was the pedal itself weakening over time until the day that it cracked. Got it welded and its never felt better and the squeak is gone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine squeaks to but I just spray a little lithium grease in it and it solves the problem for a couple months then repeat. Rather aggrivating really.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a squeaky clutch and wondering if I can take the whole rod out as per the below photo (without removing the CMC From the car) lube it and refit without having to remove clutch fluid/bleed etc? Or will all the clutch fluid pour out if I do the below once removing the circlip?

Thanks,

Yes you can, it is not open to the hydraulic fluid. it's not easy but I wedged myself under the dash enough to remove the clip and used the thickest silicon grease I could find, a year later still no squeaks. I was wondering if a thin piece of Teflon or cutting board type material could be put in instead of grease but haven't tried it yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts