8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A car backed into my driver's side door yesterday. I can't tell if its scratched or if it's just paint transfer from the other car. Can anyone offer some insight? I've included some pictures since I can't really describe the mark. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Pictures are way too blurry to tell.. if you run the back of your fingernail over it gently, does it feel concave or mostly flat? You can usually feel if it's scratched down because you'll feel it cave in.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the blurry pics. It was overcast today and I was in a bit of a hurry so I didn't have time to play around with the camera settings. I did feel the blemish but it didn't feel like it could be a deep scratch. I tried just rubbing it out but that wasn't working. I'll try taking better pics tomorrow before work.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Yeah, trying to buff that out won't hurt a thing. From the reflections in the photo, it doesn't look like a gouge. If it is on the surface, it will come off. And you can polish any scratches with a light compound.

Lil' elbow grease and good as new!

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
try some scratchx with a foam pad and see. give it 4-5 apps with decent pressure.

as posted above, if your nails catch it your clear/basecoat paint might be gone.

wax afterwards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.