8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you go look at your dash from outside the car specifically where the windsheild vent is, you should notice something that looks like a little ball. It's located on the driver side of that vent. I noticed it and wondered "What the hell is that"?. Sorry I would've taken some pics but it's freezing out. Does anybody have any idea what that is?

·
Registered
484 Posts
hmm i read this and had to go examine myself, i have no clue very good question my only guess is maybe you pop it out and there is a screw or something holding the dash on

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol..if ur too cold to go out and take pics. what makes you think i wanna go outside and look at the car? heh if i remember ill look tomorrow
LOL relax bud. If you were here you wouldn't want to go outside either. I won't be holding my breath for you to remember, I just wanted to see if anyone knows what that is right off the bat. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
Hmmm. I know that on a corolla that bubble is used to turn the headlights on at night. When it doesn't get any sunlight it will automatically turn them on.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its not a mesh thing is it? only thing i can think of is the tweeter, but dont remember what it looked like.

but hey now..its a fridgid 34 degrees F here so i dont wanna hear how "cold" it is up in canada haha
LMFAO...ok ok fine i'll stop crying about how cold it is here lol...no it's not the mesh thing(That's the tweeter). It's between that and the windsheild vent.

·
Registered
484 Posts
ok my ocd was killing me so i went out to the garage and popped the sucker out
with a small flathead and.... nothing... just a hole and you can see the firewall incolation (spelling) ill post pics in a lil bit

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
its a filler cap, on the hybrid and CSX models which have automatic climate control it would be replaced with the sun sensor for the ACC system

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok my ocd was killing me so i went out to the garage and popped the sucker out
with a small flathead and.... nothing... just a hole and you can see the firewall incolation (spelling) ill post pics in a lil bit
Thanks alot bud. That had me scratching my head when I saw it. I bet everyone that reads this thread will go look at their dash. LOL but that's not the reason why i asked. LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts