Premium Member
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
=]

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (7 members and 3 guests)
rockawearbadboy, Mycivicsi, k20ftw713, xheartcore_boyx, LongShifter, UrusaiFA1, mxr_711

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
i know a lot of old school cars that do it use spark plug type things in the exhaust and then when they flip a switch and hit the gas it spits flames.

·
Registered
402 Posts
WOW!!! Spitting fire has to be the epitome of cool / rice! Gee if I could get my Si to spit fire, EVERYONE would look at me and think how cooooooooool I was! Just think of it---some cool decals, foot-high spoiler (the cool aluminum ones), some spinner wheels, dingleballs around the windows, Xtra dark tint, primered ground effects pieces, and spitting fire!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW Think about it!

Tom

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
WOW!!! Spitting fire has to be the epitome of cool / rice! Gee if I could get my Si to spit fire, EVERYONE would look at me and think how cooooooooool I was! Just think of it---some cool decals, foot-high spoiler (the cool aluminum ones), some spinner wheels, dingleballs around the windows, Xtra dark tint, primered ground effects pieces, and spitting fire!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW Think about it!

Tom
oh man and it will run on soy sauce too

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Tom
Formula 1 race cars must be riced out then. I just think if I had a car that backfired with a little flame coming out when i shifted...that would mean my car is a hell of a vehicle.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
any car CAN do this so long as the exhaust heats up enough. What happens is when he puts the clutch in, there is no load on the motor but the car is still pumping in the same amount of fuel as when it was under load making it very rich. So for a split second you will have a huge amount of fuel vapor in the exhaust which can be ignited by a red-hot header. A lot of motorcycles do this with no modification at all, but most high-revving cars will do it without a cat. you don't even necessarily need to tune the car. the reason you see more boosted cars spitting flames is because their exhausts are significantly hotter.

this would really only be rice if you did what a lot of muscle cars do and put a spark plug into your exhaust to ignite the gases. that would be REAALLLY lame.

·
Registered
413 Posts
There is a kit for it. I haven't seen it in a while but its a kit where you weld a bung into the exhaust and put a spark plug. Then you have a switch that cuts the spark in the engine causing it to misfire. Then the unburned fuel enters the exhaust and makes a flame.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.