8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into buying a car, but the dealer said that it WAS a lemon, so honda bought it back and fixed it.....does this mean its not a lemon anymore?

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
The concept behind a lemon is there is something wrong with that the dealer cant fix. An example of this would be my father in-laws mercedes E350. They had a recall on the front suspension or something so he took it to get it fixed. After six times trying to get it fixed, he contacted his lawyer and they filed papers with Mercedes to declare a lemon. After a year of legal battles he ended up with a free (slightly used, only 600 miles) CLS 550. The car he had ended up going to our local junkyard, was stripped of everything they could sell and then sent to the crusher. Short of the story is this, unless the dealership is practically giving you the car, don't do it.

Edit: And by giving it to you, I mean you only pay the sales tax.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
The concept behind a lemon is there is something wrong with that the dealer cant fix. An example of this would be my father in-laws mercedes E350. They had a recall on the front suspension or something so he took it to get it fixed. After six times trying to get it fixed, he contacted his lawyer and they filed papers with Mercedes to declare a lemon. After a year of legal battles he ended up with a free (slightly used, only 600 miles) CLS 550. The car he had ended up going to our local junkyard, was stripped of everything they could sell and then sent to the crusher. Short of the story is this, unless the dealership is practically giving you the car, don't do it.

Edit: And by giving it to you, I mean you only pay the sales tax.
What this guy said.

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn thanks guys, and the car is listed at 17.8 and i was talking to him about downing it to 16.2 which will be around 17.4 after taxs. thanks man lots of help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts