8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will getting camshafts affect my engine?? or will it reinforce everything?? like the bottom n etc??

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what i meant was stroking it to a 2.4 liter. i came across some crower camshafts n it said it would reinforce everything

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
yes im kinda lost here...they have 2.35 stroker for the k20 and 2.6 for the k24. but idk what the cams have to do with the stroker kit. i mean i would recommend cams and head work if you go all out and do a 2.35 stoker or 2.4 if you say so

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i could be wrong but i seen it in a car magazine it was about camshafts/stroker kits from crower

·
Registered
281 Posts
camshafts dont reinforce anything, only supply extra power. forged, or billet, internals are what supply extra strength. bore the cylinder walls decreases engine life (sleeved or not. blow holes) theres also so much more to describe and so little time. also lazy. but thats the just of ur ?

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
:police: well i think you may speak of a K20A/K20Z 2.35L STROKER KIT cause to make a 2.4 L you need more than cmshafts

it most be that kit !?!
BrianCrower.com - Brian Crower - BC - Honda Civic Si / Acura RSX-S, TSX - K20A2 / K20Z
anyway if anyone heard about that kit, it'd be nice to get some numbers... well if someone found the way to tune it :banghead: lol
I have that stroker kit on order and will be having it installed. :thumb:

The numbers won't matter though since a lot of other stuff is being done at the same time on my car. Another thing to know is that if you go with the stroker kit, you have your choice of piston (compression ratio and cylinder width).

Other than that, I'd suggest keeping your stock cams and upgrade other things for the time being.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts