8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend selling me his old Acura TSX cams for less then 100$. Is it even worth it to buy these and install them? I’d probably have a mechanic or shop install them because I don’t have time to do it myself and I can’t be without a car for a day with the way my work schedule has been this quarter. For 100$ are the gains plus money for labor worth it?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Don't forget you'll need a tune as well.

Some guys have had some luck with them and others not so much. I would think the gains for $100 wouldn't be too bad

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a friend selling me his old Acura TSX cams for less then 100$. Is it even worth it to buy these and install them? I’d probably have a mechanic or shop install them because I don’t have time to do it myself and I can’t be without a car for a day with the way my work schedule has been this quarter. For 100$ are the gains plus money for labor worth it?
It's the only cams I recommend for a k20z3 is the 02 to 06 tsx cams. Other then that you really dont need to change your cams. Stock k20 cams can hold 900hp. I've seen it. Once you go aftermarket you will have to change tensioner. And aftermarkets one always fail. If it fails while on the highway. Your motor is done! Moral of story. Stay stock or OEM stock equivalent for a daily Hope that helps my dude!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts