8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Welcome to 8thcivic Cameronjr9, :wavey: Thanks for the pics.
Your car looks great, I bet you love having that navi in your civic. I like how the PSP fits right there. Can't wait to see that DIY you put together. With the signal mirrors on a 4dr EX and a shaved key hole. You plan on tinting the windows? That'd make it look extremly cool. :thumb:

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
CameronJr9 said:
I'm waiting patiently for my new front bumper... :)
You and me both, man. lol. You gonna change out the horn? I need to see what the bumper supports look like on the sedan. I'll know what it looks like for the coupe ;). Didn't someone do a horn DIY? I can't find the thread. I think it was for a sedan.

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
skittleslegend said:
You and me both, man. lol. You gonna change out the horn? I need to see what the bumper supports look like on the sedan. I'll know what it looks like for the coupe ;). Didn't someone do a horn DIY? I can't find the thread. I think it was for a sedan.
No rush. I just can't wait. Ha! ;) And yes. I think I'm going to do the horn swap. I just bought some Silverstars (can't justify the cost of HIDs) and I think I'm going to price some fogs...so when the bumper's off I'm just going to get all of that done at the same time.

Slug said:
Looks good.
How much tint you got there?
It's the darkest I could get and still stay legal in KY. 35% and 17%...I think.

Celcius said:
Nice. I'm sad you got a 4-door, but it's still the bitchinest 4-door out there. Love your DIYs!
Yeah. I really like the coupes, and somedays I wish I had gotten the Si, but the sedan comes in handy. I'm an outdoors kinda guy, so it's easy to haul all my stuff and I'm not (as) anal about getting the inside dirty. Thanks for the compliment too. Glad I can have the bitchinest sedan! :rockwoot:

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A few people have asked about my future plans in seperate threads, so I figured I'd answer them and still stay on topic. Keep in mind, this is time consuming and mostly in the planning stages, so just because I'm typing this now, doesn't mean a DIY will be up tomorrow. I'm also trying to keep the car as functional/non-ricey/OEM as possible while adding my own flavor to it. These are by far not the coolest mods ever, but to please the masses...here goes.

Future Plans:
New Horn (so far the only aftermarket part)
Coupe Front Bumper (getting a bit of help with this part)
Fog Lights (only if the bumper swap works)
Clear Corner Lights (baking seems hard and hybrid lights are hella expensive...ideas?)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
CameronJr9 said:
Clear Corner Lights (baking seems hard and hybrid lights are hella expensive...ideas?)

I may be wrong on this but I believe you can seperate the lenses with a hair drier and adhesive remover. You can hit the junkyards so you can practice on any set of lights you find.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Everytime I honk the horn, my sense of masculinity diminishes. :-\

I hate the horn.

·
Registered
325 Posts
look on the bright side. no one will pull out their automatic handgun and bust a cap in your ass for laying on the horn. They'll be laughing too hard.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts