8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have my camber set more for "fashion" rather than "function". There's a small road course not too far from where I live and I would really like to try it out without changing my camber(Ingalls camber plates are a PITA to adjust). How will my settings affect the car? It's 1.1miles for the short track, and 2.0 miles for the long track. The short track speed averages around 65mph, so I don't think it's too fast.

Edit: I will be running on the stock Si wheels with Dunlop Z1 Star Specs.

Front: -1.5 degrees
Rear: -3.0 degrees

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
That's a super nice looking car.

Unfortunately I don't road race, so I can't comment. What rims are those by the way?

·
Registered
90 Posts
With -3 in the rear you'll most likely experience huge understeer. From looking at your drop and rim clearance to the fender you might also rub quite a bit from hard cornering at a road coarse.

·
Registered
581 Posts
For track purposes, you have too much in the back and not enough in the front.

I run -2.75 front and -2.3 rear.

Edit: if you are only to go for the hell of it and try it out, wont be a problem, but it wont be the best setup

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Youll be fine.. (of course you're going to have to compensate for understeer which you're used to though) what suspension?
Neuspeed race on stock shocks. Would it be better if I cambered the fronts in more? I can do that easier than messing with the rears. I can get the fronts up to -2.5 degrees.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts