8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I have been getting a lot of wear on the inner portion of my rear tires (I have a TW FA5 with 23000 miles and stock summer tires). My guess was the excessive neg. camber and maybe some neg. toe was doing the damage. I do my rotations about every 7000 miles and was going to take my car in to stealership to get it checked. My concern was that once I put my HFP suspension kit, my tires were going to wear down even faster. I decided to go ahead and put the kit on and have the stealership do the alignment. Well, they got the toe 1.0mm on the driver's side and 1.1mm on pass. However, camber was -2.35 deg before and -2.30 deg for rear driv. side and -2.54 deg before and -2.44 deg after for rear pass. side. They told me I am going to need to get a camber kit. I got pissed at the writer and service manager telling them "Why do I need to pay for an AFTERMARKET part to fix a problem created by an OEM part?" They looked stupified. Question is this...Should I just bite bullet and buy camber kit or complain to headquarters and maybe have them compensate what I need to pay to get camber kit and fix the problem? This is my DD. and I want to get it down to about -1.0 or -1.5 deg. Help! Thanks in advance. Ozzy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts