8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i am looking for some new cams and i was wondering what stage is a good start, i found some stage two brian crower camshafts that aren't too bad priced, just want opinions on what to get =D thanks:thumb:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I wouldn't bother with stage 2 of anything until some form of good engine management releases. Without the ability to tune you wouldn't be making the power you would want and your car would probably not run that great. You would also wanna buy retainers, valves, and valve springs for stage 2 so there is additional cost involved. Stage 1 you could get away with I would think, I know Skunk 2 recommends that you have the Hondata reflash though.

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
You would need the reflash to get it tuned for now. I wouldn't bother until they come out with something better than the reflash.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Brian Crower?! a.k.a. BC = be careful......i suggest you go with more reputable firms like Skunk2 and Buddy Club

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
so if you have the reflash you can use aftermarket cams?

·
Registered
884 Posts
beans said:
Brian Crower?! a.k.a. BC = be careful......i suggest you go with more reputable firms like Skunk2 and Buddy Club
I guess you could also say Buddy Club = be careful but that would only be looking at names.

:thumb:

·
Registered
626 Posts
2006BlackSi said:
jameslewis ran a 13.1 n he has brian crower so they work for him atleast
I was very skeptical about the 13.1 claim until i heard of all the other mods on his car. Apparently we are all going to be thanking him for being some kind of test mule for a new tune. So right there i dont think you all should jump on the Brian Crower wagon. He(from what i hear) has a decently mod'ed car and We do NOT have the ability to get the most out of any cam right now (hopefully soon). I would just sit back and wait. I have been in favor of these kinds of mods(they worked great on my gsr) and i have been doing a lot of research. yet i find nothing that can easily be installed and is worth the $$

Remeber patience is a virtue. We will have great things soon. As a Scientist for a major Pharma company I understand the time involved in R&D. You should know that it takes a lot of failures in oreder to have great success.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
contact skunk2 and find out if they have there reflash that is setup for stage1 or 2 camshafts then buy either the briancrower(i would prefer) or the skunk2 stage 2 cams. also before you even bother with a bigger camshaft i would get i/h/e and everything else you can get to make the engine breath better.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow many replies haha, well i do have i/h/e and i am working towards other things, i thought that we had k-pro out for us now? or am i in the dark on this one?

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
still in the dark.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well that sucks haha
hmm oh well, guess i'll have to reflash :(
i suppose i'll get the mugen gp's first then and wait for a better ecu upgrade

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i just got the reflash. its really worth it. i dont want to worry about tuning. plus its cheaper. i know you cant do a lot of stuff with the reflash but its awesome and works for me.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
any rsx-s cam will work for our cars,

I agree with beans on going for the Skunk2 cams, look at their site and at their cams, They have patent pending technology "fast ramp" and something else..... really out of the ones I researched Skunk2 is the way to go and without the hefty price tag.....but! if you can find IPS K2 cams BUY THEM, and save them for when tuning comes out...you'll be glad you did

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
jameslewis178 said:
yea that ramp on the skuunk2 cams are messing some tct's up.
what?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts