8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been inspired by reading the Acura TL forums to find more hacks for our car's navi system. So, i've been trying to find a way to change the text on the startup "OK" warning screen, and I think I have found the answer. I'm also looking for a way to remove the whole screen all together, but that is another story.

What I need help on. I've modified the file I needed to after extracting it from 07AVN2.BIN but I can't update that file back into the BIN. That is my problem please help me figure this out and we might have yet another hack to use.
The file to update: HMIManager.dll
This is what I have tried. I've tried to update my modified file. I get this message: Unable to find HMImanager.dll on BIN
I tried to update a unchanged version of the file. (original). Same error message. I them thought it was because of the permission of the file or something. When you do a list of the files, it says this file is CHRS, but some are _HRS, so i thought the C didn't allow it to be updated. So i tried to do an update on the _HRS files, same error message. This was with another dll file i extracted. I then tried the same syntax with the Opening1.bmp, and it updated fine!!

I have two possible lines of thought as to the cause.
1. Perhaps bysin does not allow updating of dll files???
2. I'm doing something stupid that you guys might be able to point out to me...

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Have you posted this for the Acura guys too?

Your efforts are appreciated, but I don't think many here have nearly the experience of the Acura guys at this point, as it sounds like you've noticed.

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
Plenty smart Civic owners.

What did you extract the .dll file with?

What did you use to modify the .dll file with?

Did you write over anything that you weren't suppose to within the .dll, like overwrite some data? Invalid character.. etc.

There may be some checksum being used to verify the .dll is correct and not a virii or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts