8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my hondata and I noticed on the box it says for off road use only. Has anyone in California tried to smog there car yet with there car programmed? Any problems with it passing? Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
just go to a buddy or a cheap shop and tell them a case of beer is involved.... im in cali haven't smog my car flashed but i have no plans to go back to stock. ive seen a civic pass smog with CAI, RH w/ test pipe, and catback. just the visual is hard to pass. i wouldn't think the hondata would make it fail, but if it does just flash to stock..

·
Registered
230 Posts
You most likely will be able to pass smog with flashpro, keeping in mind you have the proper map for the car and have a stock cat. One guy said someone past with a test pipe, which I find hard to believe but I guess is possible.

One thing you need to remember is California passed a law a little while back saying that starting in 2013, any car 2000 and newer will not be put on the rollers for smog. Instead they will do a visual inspection and run a OBDII scan to make sure you have no stored or hard codes. If all is good with both inspections, you're good to go. So Flashpro would not be noticed or effect anything in California based on this new law that passed.

·
Registered
823 Posts
You most likely will be able to pass smog with flashpro, keeping in mind you have the proper map for the car and have a stock cat. One guy said someone past with a test pipe, which I find hard to believe but I guess is possible.

One thing you need to remember is California passed a law a little while back saying that starting in 2013, any car 2000 and newer will not be put on the rollers for smog. Instead they will do a visual inspection and run a OBDII scan to make sure you have no stored or hard codes. If all is good with both inspections, you're good to go. So Flashpro would not be noticed or effect anything in California based on this new law that passed.
That's how it is here in Pennsylvania except they still do Dyno cars that are Pre-OBD2 but only in certain counties. And only newer than like 1983, and each year that year, 1983, increases, until eventually it will phase out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just did my smog last month i had to take off the alpha header but left my Aem cai and my 3inch exhaust. I uploaded the base map stock tuned and passed smog in San Diego.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I just failed with flashpro. Don’t do it. Now I have to go the smog referee, and I definitely have to put everything back to stock, right down to the throttle body coolant hoses.

I’m guessing they’re gonna put on rollers before they issue a certificate. I know they’re gonna suspect ecu tuning, but I’ll just play dumb/ignorant.

The ecu gives every tune a unique ID, if you change anything on your tune it will give it a different ID. The CA computers read this ID, and if the ID doesn’t match the ID from previous tests, it will fail you (ODB2 data check fail).

Flash back to stock, and put up with rev-hang for a week.

·
Registered
2 Posts

My 09 Si is FBO and doesn't throw any CEL or Codes since my header has a defouler. Would I pass Smog Test if they don't check under the car?

Please advise

·
Registered
347 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts