8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I installed the CAI and P2R I noticed that the shifting mech was hitting the intake system. The weight bar that is on the shifter was hitting and 1st to 2nd and up to 3rd wasnt allowing me to shift without some kind of force. This is going to need two people to do by the way. Untighten your intake at the TB and push the intake towards the bumper, and tighten as tight as you can. The intake tub can still be on the TB by the way, no need to take off the intake. Now go in your car and shift to first to see if your weight is hitting your intake tube, now go into 3rd. This should help the notchiness if anyone else had a problem. I also installed Amsoil MTF and Ingalls ETD when I did this then took it for a drive, havnt had a problem with 3rd since then and loving it. Hope this helps some confusion

·
Premium Member
112,534 Posts
This happened to my car when i installed the P2R spacer as well. Where are the Shift cables located at? I feel the notchiness going into 5th 6th and R.

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if your looking straight down your intake tube in the open spot where your stock airbox used to be. Your going to need to get someone to go in your car and move the gears 1st - 5th and youll see whats moving close to the intake and then youll be sure if its hitting or not. Its silver with a black shock attached, cant miss it.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
yes definitely be careful of the shifter linkage... when i was installing my CAI my car wouldnt shift into the odd gears!!! but i fixed the location and it no longer hit the linkage

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Can you take pictures? I wanna check my car because I just intalled the spacer and gaskets a couple of weeks ago and I got CAI

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I should have pictures up tomorrow morning, too dark right now.

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright. Here she blows. You see at the end of the first picture theres that weight lookin thing (silver) thats whats hitting your intake tube. I was trying to take a pic of how scratched up my intake is but it was too hard to get a good pic on. The things right under the radiant hose

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts