8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I wouldn't get a CAI if you live in a place where roads have lots of sand from snow or rains alot. The way our CAI is its right infront of the wheel and if your lowered you have lots of potential of that cai sucking in dirt/sand from the road. Becareful
But its your car and injen cai will gain more hp. I opted out to get fujita SRI for fair HP gain and sound. from what i read fujita gets best sound

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I think everyone could agree CAI is probably not the best choice if you are in an area that rains alot. Even here in TX, it hardly ever rains, but when those thunderstorms come, I'm always glad I don't have to worry about sucking in water; at-least for right now.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I'm not sure who gains more hp between the Injen CAI and the Fujita CAI, but I know for a fact that if you want a nice deep throaty sound go for the Fujita CAI. I have it and it is awesome. My friend has an R18 as well with an Injen CAI and told me that mine sounded deeper. All I know about the Injen is that the piping is much bigger than Fujita's. The Fujita is a very good quality intake and i'm pleased with it.

If you can...try to opt for a powdercoated finish rather than polished. I have Fujita's Championship Bronze podercoat finish and it is very nice. I have seen polished versions which show fingerprints/scratches, etc.

The descision is yours, but like others have said...if it rains/snows/bad weather a lot where you live, a CAI may not be for you. Maybe a K&N SRI?

·
Registered
428 Posts
the hp gain from a sri or cai is so minimal, you wont feel a difference in power gains at all. you will actually hear you engine and it will make you think that its faster when its just making alot of noise and going no where lol. im not raining on your parade cuz i have a [email protected] sri on my car and i love it, im just saying dont expect to get in you car after its installed and think its faster.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not sure who gains more hp between the Injen CAI and the Fujita CAI, but I know for a fact that if you want a nice deep throaty sound go for the Fujita CAI. I have it and it is awesome. My friend has an R18 as well with an Injen CAI and told me that mine sounded deeper. All I know about the Injen is that the piping is much bigger than Fujita's. The Fujita is a very good quality intake and i'm pleased with it.

If you can...try to opt for a powdercoated finish rather than polished. I have Fujita's Championship Bronze podercoat finish and it is very nice. I have seen polished versions which show fingerprints/scratches, etc.

The descision is yours, but like others have said...if it rains/snows/bad weather a lot where you live, a CAI may not be for you. Maybe a K&N SRI?

thanks, and yea i was planning on getting the powedercoated one. It does rain and snow alot, but i have always wanted a CAI and im probably going to get one soon .

·
Registered
428 Posts
I got the K&N SRI and it sounds awsome above 4000 rpm,my gas milage has gotten somewhat better to. Its also pretty easy to install.
hey with your [email protected], do you hear a rattle when ur at idle and have your a/c going? i hear it when the engine is at idle the intake is shaking causing it to hit something in the engine bay. yes it was professionally installed when i worked at honda.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have an AEM CAI and live in jersey and lemme tell you i am strating to regret getting it over the SRI... I already had to replace a senser since it took in too much water when my plastic guard fell off a few weeks back and had to pay 300 for the gaurds to get put back on and 200 for the sense.... everything is fine and dandy for now but im getting a SRI soon

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I have an AEM CAI and live in jersey and lemme tell you i am strating to regret getting it over the SRI... I already had to replace a senser since it took in too much water when my plastic guard fell off a few weeks back and had to pay 300 for the gaurds to get put back on and 200 for the sense.... everything is fine and dandy for now but im getting a SRI soon
you really just changed my mind lol. SRI is the way to go lol, but i really like the look of the CAI. And another question, how long did you have until you had to replace the sensor ?

·
Registered
256 Posts
they also sell a part that you add onto your CAI that helps absorb most of the water and dust you take in off the top of my head I cant remember the name but it has helped me... but yeah i still recommend a SRI especially if its also your everyday car and not just a track toy

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
^^^ It's called a Bypass Valve. AEM makes them for various sizes of intakes tubes (2.5", 3" piping...etc)

This would definitely help if you have a CAI. Basically, it makes it much harder for the intake to suck up water...and in the case that it does, the bypass valve (which is made mainly out of dense foam/rubber) will soak up any water that gets into the system before it has a chance to get through to the throttle body/engine.

But to make it work most effectively, the trick is getting it into a position where its sitting upright in the engine bay...so basically, it has to look like the pic I provided. If it sits at an odd angle, it will be less effective

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.