8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious if we are the only state that doesn't get temporary plates when we buy a car from a dealer?

Every other state I've been to has temp plates. It seems totally idiotic to not give us temp plates for many reasons, but mainly dud to identification by law enforcement. Also our state is like the most hard-ass when it come to anything that has an engine...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I thought it was weird too. But then again, I've never seen any other state that puts your registration paperwork in a little sticker thing on the front window either....

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
e60.deluxe said:
they put the sticker in your window in place of temporary plates.
I realize that. But what good does that do for law enforcement? They would have to pull you over just to see that thing...

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
yeah that was for rippars. oh well. just go through red light cameras and toll lanes without paying all day long for 2-3 weeks.

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rippars said:
you know the toll dont even have real cameras... well a of them here didnt and there was even a report on the new about it. but i believe they put some in recently.
No tools for me. I think I've paid a toll a total of 5 times in my life. Mostly in SF

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
We don't have Temp. plates in Mississippi. You just wear the dealer tag until you go down to the Tax Collector and pick up your plate. You can get the standard tag immediately when you go and pick it up, or if you order like a College Tag or something you just gotta wait for it to come in the mail. Below is the rule in MS reguarding how long you have to purchase your tag:

You have seven (7) working days beginning with the next day after purchase.Thereafter, a 5% penalty will apply per month up to 25%

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
I have a NC temp tag(basically a reg tag) until my special collegiate tag comes in. I thought it was kinda weird.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts