8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Texas where it’s hot, but I started my car today after leaving it outside and the c to h gauge was at 1 block. After driving it for about 2 mins the c is slowly gettting back to the middle. Is this a issue? What’s happening?

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design

·
Registered
65 Posts
If it started at one bar and went up quickly, quicker than normal I mean, then you may be low on coolant. If it doesn't go up and the car has been running and is up to temp, you may have too much coolant or the display is acting up, its common in our generation that the segmented displays have bad solder connections.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted to update. Today was a cold day and the bar was at 1 and after a minute went to 3-4 bars, then about 2-3 minutes 4-5 bars, and driving at 45mph it’s like this:

Tire Automotive tire Light Blue Tread

And it stays at this area even after driving on the hwy at 65 mph. Is that normal?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes, middle of the gauge is proper operating temperature, cold or hot outside doesn't matter. The only thing that might be different as to if it's cold or hot outside is how quickly it will head up to that point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts