8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its has come to the point where I have to let go of my beloved 06 nhbp si. I still owe $6,000 on it and I am trying to get out of dept. What I will do is sell it and buy a 98-01 type r.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
So you get rid of a 2-3 y/o car and get a 8-11 y/o car and then you end up losing money.
sounds like a bad deal to me

·
idgaf
6,952 Posts
get type-r and have it get stolen

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
I saw a 01 ITR with 50,000 miles going for $21,995. The point is to get out of debt right? So, you are going to trade a $6,000 loan for a $21,995 loan. Please, don't breed and spread the stupid around.

·
Registered
108 Posts
dude.....buy the older one!

You cant beat old school reliability. for some reason i have always felt the older hondas have a way better build quality and way better gas milage.

GOOD LUCK with whatever you do, both options seems like a win win. (if your not worried about the money)

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
Keep your car. The likelihood of finding a bone stock, unmolested, clear title integra type r is almost impossible. Pay off your civic.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Youll just be paying more for parts for the type r assuming you can fix it yourself if not even more. This just sounds like a bad idea to get out of debt but then again im not sure how much the typer r would cost.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts