8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone else get a low buzzing fan/motor type of noise from the passanger side air vent when you turn the cold or heat on?
Just put it on by even one notch and you can hear a low bzzzzzzzz type sound.. I took it to dealer and they told me it's normal because the motor is there, but anyone else hear that or were they bullshiting me?

All my other cars in the past never made that noise but then again I never had a Civic before.

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
i had a sound from the motor. ends up there was a leaf in there getting hit by the fan.
take out your cabin filter and stick your hand in there to see if there is anything stuck.

no idea how a leaf got stuck in there though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the same issue too. I get this high pitch sound coming from the cabin fan (behind the glove box). It sounds like its coming from the vent, but when you listen closely it is from the cabin fan.

I took it to the dealer and they told me that it is a normal sound. They said that its just the fan rotating which creates the noise.

It is annoying as hell, and this noise just started happening during the winter. I asked the dealer if lubricating the fan helps, they said no.

Are any other civic owners experiencing this issue?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Are any other civic owners experiencing this issue?
Yes.

I though it may have been the motor bearings, but by the time the week ended and I had a chance to pull the blower motor to check it out, the noise had remedied itself and hasn't been back since. I think it may have been some type of debris or ice in the motor,(went from 55F to 13F in 3 days here in NJ) but was not able to confirm anything . Didn't remove the filter and reach into the box to check either. IF it comes back, and if I find something, I'll reply again..

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the same issue and brought it to the dealer, they replaced all of my vents and the sound was still there. They said they will contact Honda Canada to see how to fix it. This was about 3 months ago and I still havent heard back.

·
Registered
66 Posts
jasyatz -
can you explain how you pulled the blower motor out?

thanks
Find the blower motor (should be in direct line with cabin air filter), usually held in place with 3 screws.

Undo the screws, unclip the the power harness and the motor and fan assembly come out as 1 piece.

I had the same noise and it was a mouse that had eaten through the cabin air filter and made a nest on top of the fan blade. Fortunately the mouse moved on it's own and all I was left was the leaves it brought in for the nest.

BD
Auto part Diagram Line art Technical drawing Automotive lighting

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.