8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an 06 Subaru WRX STI several months ago, it was great.. started modding immediatly but two months went by and no title for the car. This was from Faulker Subaru in bethlehem PA by th way. They took it from a customer who didn't have the title for it either.... Thats a stolen car they sold me. So - I forced them to take it back, or put them out of business. They gladly paid off my loan and came for the car the following day.

I was carless, my best friend offered me a 1986 civic SI (the original SI) and I said sure, drive it till I find something else. It needed to much work to last long, so I went to rothrock, a used car dealer in PA also. They sold me a 05 Civic EX special edition, 5 speed.. it was just traded so it was dirty, and nobody looked over it before they let me drive it home. I washed it off, and realized the entire right side of the car had previously beek wrecked and re-painted a VERY different shade of grey. The next day I cleaned the engine bay and pulled chunks of deer hair and meat off the power steering rack. The next day I went grocery shopping and poped the trunk to fill it with food when I realized it was full of water,and wet leaves. I had enough - I took that car back, and told them it was too much of a mess for being a 2005 an I was on the hunt for a different car.

Ahh, I loved the 05 Civic, it was no stage 2 STI - but it got good gas mileage and was easy to daily drive, so I decided to go pick up an 07 EX 5 speed, black on black. Signed for it yesterday at $18,550 (after half an hour of arguing about how they don't make a lot of money on cars and EX's are worth much more blah blah. I wasn't having that crap, and I said $18,500 or I'm walking out.. My girlfriend said ok $18,550 and he shook my hand. I said you pecker head, you just wanted to snatch and extra $50.00 out of my pocket, I'm sure people have purchased the EX model for a much better price then $18,550. Anyway I take delivery on monday - pics may come around then.. It's been a long hard road, out of hell. buying a car is a crap shoot - new and used.. Only difference is when you buy new, at least problems are covered under warranty instead of out of pocket.

Hopefully this car turns out to be enjoyable, and as reliable as Hondas have always been.. If not - I think I'll lose my mind. Thanks for reading my ten page introduction, though it would be interesting to share.

- Brett :box:

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
If its 18,550 otd then you got a pretty good deal. you will love it, I love my si, looks great, great ride, and good gas mileage. Enjoy ur new car and let the modding begin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
18550 before ttl lol.. sucks. with splash guards and tax etc its costing 20,074.74

I wish i could have found an SI, but then again i dont ever accelerate hard so .. the extra power is better suited for guys who like to drive hard.. i just chill with cruise control on haha

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Yodums said:
From STI to an '86 Si. Boy, talk about a downgrade. Good to hear the deal came through on the EX though.
...and a stage 2 at that! Wow, what a difference.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Not to be a hater... but you should've checked if the STI had a title or not. And then for the Civic, it's kind of your fault for not even checking the engine bay or the trunk.

But either way, enjoy the new car :thumb:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have the same car as you, and it's a riot. The EX is really a great car, the SI is nice too but it's still a civic..

Best of luck, I think we're the only people who bought manual non-si's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I mean, as far as the STI goes.. when you buy a car with 6,000 miles on it from a car dealer who owns 42 huge dealerships.. you kinda expect them to own the vehicle before they sell it to you? I dunno, it was rediuclous, and I should have made sure everything checked out before I purchased it, though I bet if most people such as myself would be too caugt up in finally driving one of their dream cars that the whole title thing wouldn't occur since it was being financed.. and financed cars (driver never sees the title until it's paid off anyway.) My bad though, glad thats overwith :)

As for the restaraunt comment, I am laughing out loud, haha.. my best friend called and goes "free venncin with your civic huh?" had me rollin haha.

And to the other guy who said you have the same car, im glad to hear it.. I searched the inventory of 20 car dealers at least to find what I was looking for. It seems like the whole american population is bitching out driving ***-omatics.. I couldn't find a used car in 5 or 6 speed for WEEKS.. It is definitly the best civic outside the SI coupe!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts