8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I found an Si and fell in love with it. But the deal fell through and I'm just going to look at some alternatives out there in the meantime while I keep looking for another one.

My original budget was about 16k for a car. But being someone that can't really leave stuff alone, I had an epiphany my wife will hate.

If I wanted to buy a car(not an Si) with plans to boost it with the ultimate goal of 250-300 whp, is there such a car in the mid to late 2000s for 10K? That way I could spend the extra 5k on mods to get the power I wanted and it'd be win-win.

Any suggestions? Or is this not a possibility on the new civics? Also, manual transmissions are a must.

·
Registered
18 Posts
if you don't care about insurance go with the wrx sti... stock 300hp... can't beat subaru's symmetrical all wheel drive... they have the playing field cornered in that one.

otherwise get a 06 civic for $11 and put a cte stage 1 or 2. bolt on... only need a different air intake. down the road you can do other stuff if you want. (header/exhaust/throttle body/etc...)

MAKE SURE YOU GET FLASH PRO!!! day and night.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts