8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i found several si sedans that are very much canidates for purchase, BUTTTTT there is this ONEEEEEE si sedan that i have already made a deal with the dealership. MRSP is 19800, i said "im looking for 17 OTD" and he said "if i do that, will you come buy it right now?":shocked:. i said i will call him back. i called him back and i said i cant buy it right now cause i dont have all the funds, and he said its ok come down and just have a deposit amount and i can take it home today. I HONESTLYYY love the car just from the pictures, but this weekend im going in to see it and if ALL goes well ( carFOX loll, test drive etc ), im thinking of giving the dealer the deposit and just taking the car. This is the FIRST car im checking out, is it TOOOOO soon? should i take others into consideration? and if not what should matter when im making this deal FINAL!!??? just loving it? loll, inputs always helpful!!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Yes!!! and Yes!!!

ur moving too fast!

wait for the next gen or look for a mugen!

or buy another car!

Remember, when it comes time to mod, its still a civic. more cars are coming out with more power etc, so think about it if its one of your goals>more power.

dont get me wrong, i luv my Si with comptech stage 1!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The thought of putting my Si back to stock crossed my mind tonight. If I were to do so, I'd only keep Flashpro (and my exhaust, since I gave my axleback to my uncle.) Aside from Flashpro, I've spent around $1300 in go-fast mods, and have probably only gained around 20 HP (again, sans Flashpro.) Common bolt-ons are NOT a cost-efficient way to make good power on a Honda!

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
Yes!!! and Yes!!!

ur moving too fast!

wait for the next gen or look for a mugen!

or buy another car!

Remember, when it comes time to mod, its still a civic. more cars are coming out with more power etc, so think about it if its one of your goals>more power.

dont get me wrong, i luv my Si with comptech stage 1!
Wtf? Don't buy a freaking mugen..huge waste of money. If you're not racing the car on a track or drag racing occasionally don't worry about "other" cars with more power. The SI has enough power as it is for a daily driver.

Just take it slow. Don't rush into buying anything (even a pack of bubble gum). Always make sure things are YOUR way when buying a car seeing as it will become YOURS to keep. Go in there with someone professional and have them help you out on asking questions, etc.

Lastly, enjoy it when you get it and mod the hell out of it...tastefully.

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How many miles and what year?

Roar.
2008 and 18791 ish mileage on it, ok...so i found ANOTHER white one, BUTTTTT 2007 and 47k mileage on it....BUTTT its like couple k's cheaper (obviously). Am i still under warranty for the gear grinds tsb's? since i passed the 36k what am i NOT warranted for?? i can save couple and start modding if i end up with this other one. But i feel like the extra k's are worth for the lesser mileage car. OH and also, the one with 18791 mileage has been modded for sure, it has black painted roof, rims are powdercoated black, and the engine cover is white.....and the other one is clean ( hes a father ). dont know guys....HELP ME OUT!!!!:pray:

·
Registered
17 Posts
you really think so? even if the one that hasnt been modded has 47,xxx miles on it??
i just bought an '07 fa5 with 75K from a mild mannered family man who had every receipt from every oil change, every recall, EVERY trip to the dealer for misc stuff (nothing big though). The trans clicks wonderfully into all gears. everything is beautifully maintained. It is virgin tight like exotics i used to drive before i matured and stopped spending 50% of my income on car payments, compared to a couple 15K modded si's i drove before this one that were sloppy and loose. The 75k car i bought is bone stock, impeccably maintained and still even SMELLS new, no smoking, etc. It is a Honda after all, 75K is nothing with proper maintenance.

Check the oil color, maintenance records, car fax, no salvage titles, drivetrain slop, gear engagement (lack of) notchiness, etc etc. Check all the switches, lights, tread (hard cornering will reveal itself in stepped tread wear), etc. And yes, higher mileage bone stock is preferrable to a modded vehicle in many if not most cases based on what i've seen through 20 years of buying and selling cars. I'm keeping this one, total cream puff.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
i just bought an '07 fa5 with 75K from a mild mannered family man who had every receipt from every oil change, every recall, EVERY trip to the dealer for misc stuff (nothing big though). The trans clicks wonderfully into all gears. everything is beautifully maintained. It is virgin tight like exotics i used to drive before i matured and stopped spending 50% of my income on car payments, compared to a couple 15K modded si's i drove before this one that were sloppy and loose. The 75k car i bought is bone stock, impeccably maintained and still even SMELLS new, no smoking, etc. It is a Honda after all, 75K is nothing with proper maintenance.

Check the oil color, maintenance records, car fax, no salvage titles, drivetrain slop, gear engagement (lack of) notchiness, etc etc. Check all the switches, lights, tread (hard cornering will reveal itself in stepped tread wear), etc. And yes, higher mileage bone stock is preferrable to a modded vehicle in many if not most cases based on what i've seen through 20 years of buying and selling cars. I'm keeping this one, total cream puff.

LOL sounds like MY car except w/o the high mileage. Mine is only 1 yr old but my co-worker got in the other day and was like "What the F*ck? This thing still has the 'new car' smell!!".

properly garaged in winter (and tucked away at night). Not a single modification (except SC430 retrofit headlights (have OEM's), tail light overlays that can be removed, strutking dead pedal, and a red trunk trim piece to replace the chrome one). I'll never mod this thing... Oil changed regularly with Mobil 1 Extended Performance. Every maintenance record. Washed with microfiber towels and 2-bucket method. Clayed and sealed using Zaino. Rarely sees VTEC (all highway driving). I'm somewhere between 13 and 14K miles.

Anyway, my point is not to get into a love-affair with my car (we're way past that point anyway)... My point is, there ARE fantastic used cars out there that have been PROPERLY maintained and treated extremely well. Take your time and find one (like mine) cause they DO exist!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.