8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does the car feel and sound like under acceleration? Does it compare to an integra Type R? Is the VTEC loud and can you actually feel the crossover? Thank you

·
Registered
136 Posts
You can easily hear and feel the crossover at 6k revs. It sounds pretty good. Honda specifically tuned the acoustics to emphasize the engine sound at vtec revs but it's nice and quiet at cruising speed or non-agressive driving.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dale_K said:
You can easily hear and feel the crossover at 6k revs. It sounds pretty good. Honda specifically tuned the acoustics to emphasize the engine sound at vtec revs but it's nice and quiet at cruising speed or non-agressive driving.

I love that it must be really loud with an intake :)

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
You're making a huge mistake. NEVER buy a car without test driving. I don't give a crap how good people say it is. What may be good for someone else, may not be good for you. Go test drive it first.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
skittleslegend said:
You're making a huge mistake. NEVER buy a car without test driving. I don't give a crap how good people say it is. What may be good for someone else, may not be good for you. Go test drive it first.

I cant because they sell before they reach the lot.

·
Registered
518 Posts
well put your money down on one and when it comes time, say yea lemme get my first drive(which everyone thats going to buy a car is entitled to)
if you like it(you will)
then buy it.
if not get your deposit back and say peace.

·
Registered
171 Posts
skittleslegend said:

I say it's ok to test drive a Silver non-Navi Si, then buy a Blue Navi before you actually drive THAT car. I did that in '04.

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
Look, this is what I did, test drive the regular ex coupe, and if you like how it feels for a regular car, well then think of the Si 10times better. I didnt test drive my Si, I bought it once the dealer recieved the first car, and im fully satisfied with my decision.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Bmaga123 said:
I cant because they sell before they reach the lot.
Ask your dealer if their deposits are refundable. If so, put down a deposit. If they're worth anything, they won't anyone else touch the car. They'll call you when you get there and you can test drive it for yourself. It doesn't have to be a specific color, unless they happen to have the color you're looking for coming in, and you're ready to buy. But seriously, put the deposit down, test the car when it comes in and make your decision from there. There are a few other cars I would've bought BEFORE my test drives with them, but I was looking for something specific DURING the test drive. I have a 94 Legend sedan with an auto transmission right now, but what I was looking for was that feeling that my 97 Civic HX (107hp I think) gave me. Sure it was underpowered but it was so much fun to drive and I miss that fun feeling. Before settling on the Si, I very extensively test drove the Mazda3i 5-door, Cobalt SS, SRT-4, Altima (3 times actually), 350Z and Scion tC (twice). I drove a few more over the course of 7 months, but I don't remember all of them. Of all the cars I drove, only the Cobalt SS Supercharged and Mazda3i were fun. What stopped me from getting either is the fact that I really don't like domestic vehicles. Something is missing...

And yes, Ford owns a large enough percentage of Mazda that I consider Mazda domestic ;)

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
mcpaige said:
I say it's ok to test drive a Silver non-Navi Si, then buy a Blue Navi before you actually drive THAT car. I did that in '04.
The Navigation system has nothing to do with the dynamics of a vehicle, but I understand where you're coming from. My biggest mistake with an automobile is my Legend. I test drove it, but it wasn't a very long drive and I didn't check to make sure everything was in order. I'd always wanted a Legend, since like 91-92. It was like, a year after the 2nd gen came out. After being an owner for about a year, it's had its ups and downs but I came to realize a few months ago, that the car just isn't for me. After attending a few car shows last year and seeing people with their tC's and xB's and RSX-S's and Civic's, I came to the conclusion that the car lacked the personality of my old Civic. I gave that car to my little brother as his first car and everytime I go visit my parents, we'll go to the mall and I'll get the urge to want to drive it. I had a lot of fun with it. Plus, I can't just keep throwing money at my Legend. It's had EXPENSIVE problem after expensive problem after expensive problem and I'm just tired of it.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
i tested a different Si than i bought because i wanted FBP and didnt need my car for another month so i waited for FBP instead of taking the NHBP i tested... just make sure you drive the Si... not an EX

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I didn't test drive any SI's before I bought it. I knew I wanted it already because of the previous generations. Also, since the K-series was already in it, I already knew it was a monster w/ alot of potential if I plan to mod it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i test drove a coupe and bought the sedan without a testdrive, no regrets on that, but I dont think i'd ever buy a car without test driving it unless it were a Ferrari or something

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
i knew what the si was all about...so i didnt test drive it.

I do have a warranty, if something goes wrong. But yea, I was looking for an SI and nothing else.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Test drove a black 07' coupe yesterday and it met all of my expectations and then some. I would however, NOT purchase any vehicle unless I have driven it first. I am hoping to be sitting in a coupe here soon (no color preference).

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yeah, I couldn't test drive my Si either. :( For one, I was underaged. Two, my dad didn't know how to drive stick. Weird that he wanted me to get a manual car. :xyxnervou But yeah you should test drive it first. The Si is a car I had to get used to, to start loving. Best decision ever. Better than the Type-S I wanted. Different styling. :dancing:

·
Registered
854 Posts
I test drove a non-si and it was very nice and smooth, so I know the Si would be the same only sportier if you know what I mean (faster, louder, tighter, bumpier, pricier). But I also was able to ride in my Amigo's Si, which eventually led to my decision to order.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts