8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Be prepared to haggle because that price is to high. You may need to spend more money on maintenance after. Have you seen it in person? If it hasn’t already the clear coat may fail unless it’s been repainted already.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah he saying everything is original and garage kept.!! I haven’t gone to see it yet because I believe price is way too high also..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have a mechanic look at it. It is probably leaking oil at that mileage, needs new rear shocks, stock stereo speakers falling apart, manual transmission synchros are probably really worn (can you shift it easily??). Also you will want to change the timing chain. And, take a listen to the engine when starting cold and listen to the belt/pulleys. Probably wont sound too great.

I bought a 2006 si coupe with 138k for $3250 (but the paint was bad, some body damage), and it has the mechanical issues listed above.

Definitely have a mechanic look under and through the car and tell you how much $$$ needs to be put in.

Otherwise it looks nice. Theyre awesome cars. I love my 8th gen SI coupe. It ain't quitting any time soon, but she's dripping a bit and the rear shocks are awful (easy DIY fix).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I purchased a 2007 civic si with 116k on it for $6500. And that was 3 years ago. And it was all stock and taken care of by an old lady. Price seems a little high to me. If its in great shape I would be willing to pay 4000 tops

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wouldn’t pay close to asking. If it needs work haggle to what you comfortable with. With that high of the mileage, any new owner might have to keep in mind with that much mileage they may be the last owner, and or will/can take a big hit when selling next time around. Keep in mind the insurance (if full coverage) may not put much value to the high mileage SI. Now if you were going for a swapped motor or forced induction, then if you can get a sweet deal, consider it a base price for your build. Also remember if it’s got that much mileage the driver seat or interior maybe worn down as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts