1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE:: I'm signed up for 4/26

This is the real deal boys.

https://secure.drivenasa.com/event/930

You will start out in HPDE 1, assuming you havn't done this before.

What does this mean:?

HPDE: High Performance Driving Event

Group one (1)
This is where you begin. This is one on one guidance from experienced racers, as you learn to control your car and yourself. Your mentor will provide you with guidance as you learn to drive at the limit. You will address how to approach a turn, the fast way around it, what gear should you be in, how to brake, and how to exit. The session generally includes a lead-follow session. Passing is very limited in the Group 1 Sessions.

Requirements:

Membership in NASA or a NASA sanctioned club

Any car in safe operating condition (from Ferrari to Hyundai)

Mufflers. Different tracks have different sound policies

Roll bars in convertible autos

Seat belts in good working order

State driver's license

Long sleeve shirt and pants (cotton is great)

A helmet

Knowledge of the Club Codes and Regulations

At least 18 years of age (16 w/parental consent)

Total cost:

Cost: $155 for attending

$45 for membership for 1 year

(includes grassroots motorsports membership subscription)

A helmet if you don't have one! SA rated

I'm putting this up early so you can have adequate time hunting down a helmet.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive been a few times. willow springs, streets of willow, and buttonwillow. im going to cal speedway on march 27th and if my tires hold up i'll be attending this buttonwillow. funnest track i've ever been to
ran outa cash due to my newest install. I was eyeing 3/27 for a while too.. but car wont be ready by then. Looking forward to seeing u at bw *i hope*

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bump, i signed up just now for 4/26.

It might seem like a lot of money, but this is hands down the best mod you can possibly get for your car. Learn to drive it, instructors everywhere, makes your car a lot faster than that crappy ebay intake you slapped on :D

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hpde one is where you have the instructor right cuz that's what i'd have to get :hiding: first timer
instructor drive n follow (or so i think). I'm gona definitely be driving a lot more aggressive than the other drivers, since I've been there once before so I'll be near the front.

Just an FYI, if you sign up we will be in the same group.

·
Registered
28,932 Posts
just after my 1st track day I felt the improvement in canyon driving. like big difference :)

and since you are going to gmr so much, every lil bit helps
one of the main reasons i feel i could use the advice... i'm completely new to canyon driving which is why i'm slow cooming down... so i'd love to have an experienced driver show me my strong and weak points

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.