8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so, i've noticed that whenever I leave my car after a drive, i smell some burning... which i think is from my clutch? I don't even drive it that hard, and my shifting is pretty good, but I still smell a burning. Do you guys smell any burning?
Also, if i do drive my car pretty hard (redline/powershift joy rides like once a week) how long would my clutch last me?
hhaa ridiculous question i know

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Okay so, i've noticed that whenever I leave my car after a drive, i smell some burning... which i think is from my clutch? I don't even drive it that hard, and my shifting is pretty good, but I still smell a burning. Do you guys smell any burning?
Also, if i do drive my car pretty hard (redline/powershift joy rides like once a week) how long would my clutch last me?
hhaa ridiculous question i know

Maybe the brake shoes??? :vtec:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lmao... so you guys think its the brakes? And yes I mean by powershift, flooring the gas pedal while shifting. I should really stop doing that... It's too fun though.
Especially when friends are in the car and they're like HOLY SH** THATS AWESOME

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
im almost 2 years and counting and my clutch is fine, powershift a few(under 5) times a year but redline it about once every day(2-10 times a week depending)

And i think that in another two years it might be clutch time but its still good, the clutch engages 1/4-1/3 from the floor...

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
im almost 2 years and counting and my clutch is fine, powershift a few(under 5) times a year but redline it about once every day(2-10 times a week depending)

And i think that in another two years it might be clutch time but its still good, the clutch engages 1/4-1/3 from the floor...
u still redlining at 8600 8700 ???

I hit my limiter 3 days back....DEF 8600 8700.

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
u still redlining at 8600 8700 ???

I hit my limiter 3 days back....DEF 8600 8700.

Yah but just as i started to get an answer "someone" closed the thread and thretened me with a ban...

And like i mentioned in that thread its onlt in 5th? I dont get it???
[/rant]

I remember when i was still getting used to my car, i held the clutch down a bit too long, or it was just me and my dad fishing and he got stuck in the lake with the boat and boat trailer, I had to pull him out, and since outr cars have no torque to bpeak of i fried the clutch that day a bit....

So yes clutch dose smell like breaks, the smell is very simmilar... Trust me i know it all two well :( :( :( :( :( Wish didnt though.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I was too drunk to drive last night so my buddy drove home. He was redlining and burning my clutch. It still smells. I was ripped, but not ripped enough to see shift lights and rev limiter. I wonder how much % of my clutch he actually burned. Effen A$$hole.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.